cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to BT, cancelling account

Dan31

Switched to BT, cancelling account

I switched to BT Fiber some weeks ago and have been on the phone many times explaining that I wish to cancel my contract and close my account. After requesting my final bill, and despite the fact that BT took over the line on 29/06, I am still receiving e-mails asking for regular payments. Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Switched to BT, cancelling account

A warm welcome to the forums.

Did you migrate just the broadband (phone already elsewhere) or phone and broadband?

Are you just being charged for broadband or both?

There are some odd issues with how the gaining provider processes migration orders which can result in the service not being correctly terminated on migration to another supplier. A staffer ought to be able to advise directly.

Edit - rereading your title - did you migrate the service to BT or did you just ask them to start a new service ... and you now want to cancel Plusnet?

Normally under the Gaining Provider Led MIGRATION process one just tells the new provider (except for Virgin Media) to TAKEOVER the existing service and the losing supplier is automatically notified.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan31

Hello Townman and thank you for your response.

I migrated only broadband, the phone was already with BT, hence the charge is for broadband only. I did ask to be migrated but I'm unsure whether the notification of Plusnet ever took place. BT has informed me that they have indeed 'TAKEN OVER'.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Dan31, sorry to hear the account hasn't automatically closed and I have passed a ticket to the relevant team to action this for you and work out any fee's/refunds from the date the service migrated away. You should receive a notification within the next few days in regards to the final fee's/refunds.

Dan31

Thank you BD

Dan31

Should I have received it yet?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Have you checked for a new bill (yes, they produce a bill even for refunds) or for new tickets on your account?  You may have to click on "View your questions" before logging in.  Refunds usually take ten working days with PN, but the calculations will appear on your account before then.

Dan31

My account is restricted. Would it be sent in an e-mail? If so, there is nothing new.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I've given the relevant team a nudge now, and I've also made it so you won't be chased for a regular monthly payment.

We'll work out your final bill as soon as we can and we'll let you know once we've done so.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet