cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched Banks - why was my Debit Card charged?

FIXED
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Switched Banks - why was my Debit Card charged?

I recently changed Banks, using the 'Switch Guarantee' service whereby all Direct Debits are automatically transferred from the old to the new Bank. This was done seamlessly, and a Direct Debit for my Plusnet account was in place on the day of the switch. Yet, presumably having being notified of the change of Bank, Plusnet appear to have set up another duplicate Direct Debit - and to add insult to injury, have charged this month's payment to my Debit Card, incurring an extra £1-50 charge!

I think this is extremely unreasonable, as the 'Switch Guarantee' is supposed to mean that the customer incurs no financial penalty from changing Banks. In the circumstances, I would appreciate a refund of the £1-50 card payment surcharge from Plusnet.

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Switched Banks - why was my Debit Card charged?

Fix

Hi there

I am really sorry to hear this.

It looks like your direct debit instruction is still being processed by your bank or building society.

As a gesture of goodwill I have now issued you with a refund of the non direct debit surcharge now which you should see back on your card this week. Once again, please accept my apologies for this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Many thanks for the speedy response, Anoush. Seems switching Banks is not as straightforward as they make out, though!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problems at all, if there's anything else I can help with just let me know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button