cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch over today - Now no Internet at all!

mthompson18

Switch over today - Now no Internet at all!

It seems Plus Net finally tried to activate my fibre today (2 days later than the SMS told me it would be (With no communication)).
I now have no broadband with either BT or Plus Net.
The PlusNet Router gives me error Auth Failure.
Checked and rechecked by password.
Im so un happy with Plus Net at this point. 
Ive been on hold for an hour now to customer services trying to speak to someone.
4 REPLIES 4
mthompson18

Re: Switch over today - Now no Internet at all!

Finally got through to customer services at 9:30pm.
It seems BT did their bit at 4:30am.
Plus Net didn't (and I quote) "Get round to activating the account".  
The person I spoke to was helpful - But not very apologetic.    Account now activated - But anyone thinking moving to Plus Net be warned.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, really sorry to hear that but glad you managed to get through and get things working. Please give us a shout if there's anything at all we can help with.
dragon2611
Grafter

I had something similar migrating in from Skys FTTC
Seems BT told P/N they were sending en engineer, Didn't send the engineer (wasting a whole day) then switched the service over in the Evening with a config change, problem is they didn't tell Plusnet beforehand so of course my Plusnet login wasn't live.
Ideally Plusnet should be making Logins live first thing on the day of migration, although In my case it was a fairly quick call to support to get the problem sorted.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: dragon2611
Ideally Plusnet should be making Logins live first thing on the day of migration

They don't do that until either the installation is confirmed by BT or requested by the user, as billing starts as soon as the account is activated, and if there is a problem then the customer may be paying for a service he hasn't got (yet).