Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swich to new provider

Alicja2803
Dabbler

Swich to new provider

Hi
I am trying to migrate my Plusnet fibre broadband and landline to another provider, and failing...

Two different providers have told me they have not been able to transfer the services as Plusnet is rejecting the transfer. Each time this happens I get an email from Plusnet with the subject "Home Phone - Cancellation stopped".

I've tried Plusnet customer services, but they've only reported that there is no reason they would be rejecting the order and confirming that my line is open without any blockage.
I tried reorder broadband from Shell again after call to the customer service but it failed again with same email after few hours.

Any idea what to do?
18 REPLIES 18
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Swich to new provider

@Alicja2803 does the 'cancellation stopped' email from Plusnet say why? AFAIK, they cannot stop a legitimate requested transfer without giving a reason.

John
Alicja2803
Dabbler

Every time it's the same email :
Thanks for deciding to stay with Plusnet.

Your request to move your Home Phone product away has now been cancelled.

This email confirms that your transfer has been stopped and that your Home Phone product won't be changed.

You don't need to do anything and you will continue to be billed for your service as usual.
Alicja2803
Dabbler

But I'm not cancelling it. I tryed 4 times with 2 different providers and every time same situation. First email sorry that you are leaving and after hour or few hours another email cancellation stopped.
jab1
Legend

That sounds as though someone - I've no idea who - is telling PN you don't want to move after you have placed the request.

John
Alicja2803
Dabbler

Strange is that new provider saying that plusnet is declined when they asking for my line and plusnet saying that they are not
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Alicja2803 is there any possible misinterpretation of your address. If the address that the new provider tries to use does not match that held against your PlusNet account that that MIGHT cause the problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alicja2803
Dabbler

No same address with both providers I can check it on online accounts and they are exactly the same
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Alicja2803 

Presumably you haven't an unpaid bill or similar dispute going on?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Alicja2803
Dabbler

No, nothing like that
jab1
Legend

Might sound a bit personal, if so, sorry - is there anyone else who knows your account details who might not want to change?

John
Alicja2803
Dabbler

No. My husband want to swich as well with talk talk we tried first on my name and then on his name as was thinking maybe something wrong with my talk talk account. And then with shell I tried twice on my name once online and once over the phone when first order was cancelled.
jab1
Legend

Whose name is the Broadband account in - yours or your husbands?

I'm sorry - guessing the account is in your name from your above comments, but I'm still mystified as to why you can't switch.

John
Alicja2803
Dabbler

Account with plusnet is on my name
jab1
Legend

I'm out of ideas here, @Alicja2803 , so I'm going to try 'tagging' a PN staffer who seems to be able to unravel these mysteries better than some, but I can't make any promises if he will see it, or be able to do much even if he does - there seems to be a communication problem with the Help Team at the moment.

@Gandalf - any chance of your magic wand on this?Smiley

John