cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend or cancel 30 day contract

weaselburger

Suspend or cancel 30 day contract

I have a rolling 30 day contract that I won't be using for a couple of months but would like to come back to.

Is it possible to suspend my contract for a period of time or can I cancel and just re-join when I need to - what are my options?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Suspend or cancel 30 day contract

Is this a Broadband or phone contract? Doesn't really matter, because in either case, the answer is, unfortunately, 'no' - as I understand it, anyway.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@weaselburger 

To clarify this, you can’t suspend a contract but there’s nothing to stop you cancelling and rejoining. However if you cancel you will lose your phone number.

If this is a mobile contract and you want to keep your number then consider transferring your phone contract to a mobile operator such as Giffgaff. If you open an account and don’t buy a Goodybag then all that you need to do to keep the contract alive and retain the number is to make one short call at the non Goodybag rate every 6 months. You can then transfer back to Plusnet in the future.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 Which phone number? If the OP does as you say for a mobile account, they won't lose it, and if it is for a BB account, they would only lose it if the only option on rejoining was an FTTP connection.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@jab1 

I don’t understand what you mean. Are you suggesting that you can cancel an out of contract (monthly) broadband contract and retain the phone number for use at some time in the future? My understanding is that the number goes back into a pool for 14 days after which it can be given to a new subscriber.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

Ah, yes, get you @Baldrick1 I forgot PN BB contracts were phone + BB combined. My current ISP has separate ones, and I've been with them 12 months plus.

Must be more aware. 😉

John