cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surely price increases on bills could be presented in a better way?

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Surely price increases on bills could be presented in a better way?

I know that prices have increased.

But surely there is a better way of showing it on the bill than this?

Screenshot 2022-04-15 120135.png

So for this month is my UFE charge actually 25.35 (24.35 + 11.78 - 10.78)?

16 REPLIES 16
pv
Grafter

Re: Surely price increases on bills could be presented in a better way?

Yes, some of the days from last bill have to be re-billed at the higher rate. But I do agree PlusNet know in advance when the prices are increasing so unless the customer makes changes themselves in the middle of a month then re-billing should not be necessary.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Even simpler why not increase prices on the next billing day after the increase date thus avoiding these complicated corrections on bill? 

Or, more fairly, hold prices for a year after contract start date and then increase on the anniversary, thus avoiding the anger of customers finding that their first bill is not what they thought they had agreed only days previously - I know they should have exhaustively read the T & Cs but you could argue that Plusnet should have declared what the first month would actually cost and not hide behind those T & Cs.

Another issue is the start date of recontracts. Some seem to start the next day after agreement thus ensuring another range of billing adjustments are needed, whilst others start on the next billing date meaning that such adjustments are unnecessary. There seems to be no clear reason for these variations.

It seems that if there is a complicated way to do things, Plusnet will find it.

Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks, I was just aboutr to post the same thing

Why is your bill £37, mine is £59.49 ( I do have BT sport for an extra £10 ) I've been ripped off

Line Rental -£10.27

Line Rental £11.22

Line Rental £23.19

Line Only £0.00

Voicemail £0.00

Unlimited Fibre Extra -£10.78

Unlimited Fibre Extra £11.78

Unlimited Fibre Extra £24.35

BT Sport App £10.00

Happy Easter everyone, don't eat too many choccy eggs 

Wink

SteveA
Pro

Your monthly charges or your outstanding balance which is your monthly charges plus everything else.

pv
Grafter

@SteveA wrote:

Your monthly charges or your outstanding balance which is your monthly charges plus everything else.

Curiously though, your monthly charges do not add/subtract up to £37.94.

SteveA
Pro

See - I told you it was confusing.....

pv
Grafter

Fair point 😂 

Although in this case it seems just plain incorrect. but in your favour at least.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Curiously though, your monthly charges do not add/subtract up to £37.94.

Are there no discounts lurking on another page ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SteveA
Pro

The line rental is a red herring..

But that sort of makes my point - the details on the bill, which I assume they think will make your bill value understandable, are, in fact, the complete opposite.

I can get the previous month to add up to the value

And I know this one contains pro-rated increases back to the start of the month (my billing period is 15th to 15th)

DelT
Grafter

You have added confusion by not stating the dates for which these charges and credits apply. These dates are shown on page 3 of your bill "Your charges broken down".

You should see that the credits for 31 March to 14 April are calculated as 15/31 of the old rates, and for the period 31 March to 14 April you are charged 15/31 of the new rates.

You are also charged the new rates for the period 15 April to 14 May which is what should be the usual amounts for future months.

SteveA
Pro

Yes there is a break down on page 3 - which includes several items that aren't on the front page and also makes things even more confusing having three lines detailing discounts with one of them showing as a + not a negative.

My main point is that the summary on the front page is, when prices change, just totally and utterly confusing.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The summary works well when the detail is not complicated.  Consequently most people only look at the summary, as most of the time it delivers all of the information required.  We see what we deem to be a mess and then get lost in the red mist ... and never reach page 3 with the clarifications!

It could though be done much better - for the sake of a few pence, changing charges on the billing date would be far simpler ... but then we would have nothing to grumble about! 😉

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SteveA
Pro

Yes - it works fine when its not complicated.

So why not keep it simple with the basic information like we normally get along with a  note saying "Your contract prices have changed, please see below".

Its going to be interesting to see if the finance department at work can understand it when I submit my bill (They're currently paying for my internet connection). and claim 25.35

DelT
Grafter

Townman, wouldn't those whose billing date falls soon after a price increase complain they are being hit by a price rise up to a month before those whose billing is later?