Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplied MAC code out of date?

stan4th
Dabbler

Supplied MAC code out of date?

Hi,
I have just been on the phone to BT to get MAC code and after they had all sorts of problems (25 mins) with the computer he finally me a code . However, when I entered it it says its out of date.
Any ideas?
Was on ADSL moving to Fibre with Plusnet
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
giscott
Dabbler

Re: Supplied MAC code out of date?

You're lucky you were even given a code on the phone. Usually when you request one they email/text it within 5 days.
It took nearly 5 weeks to get mine! The root of the problem seemed to be that because I had requested a MAC within the last 24 months (but decided not to use it to move away) it caused their system to throw a wobbly and issue me the same one. They then had difficulty issuing me a new one.
Just keep on at the MAC people. Which is a pain, cos they're actually a retentions team that want to offer you a deal every time you phone them.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Surely this is BT's problem and nothing to do with PlusNet. BT need to provide a valid MAC.
giscott
Dabbler

I should point out that my reply relates to my experience with BT and getting a MAC from them.
sjptd
Grafter

Surely this is BT's problem and nothing to do with PlusNet. BT need to provide a valid MAC.
Yes, but worth posting here because there might well be others with similar experiences who can make helpful suggestions.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@stan4th
Can you PM me the MAC you've been given please? I'll try it manually from here for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stan4th
Dabbler

Hi,
if I am moving from ADSL to Fibre do I need a MAC code?
Thanks
stan4th
Dabbler

Just to let you know; I called BT again and finally after trying to find me an offer to persuade me to stay, I would have to wait the 30 days to create another and it not working on his computer, I got them to generate another one - and it worked!
Smiley
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

That's a relief.
I've arranged for someone in provisioning to place your order for you.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet