cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for the PN band (and lack of referrals, again)

Rikaitch
Grafter

Suggestions for the PN band (and lack of referrals, again)

Ok, so PN's referral scheme is severely broken. I'd go so far as to say that maybe PN have been using the Greek system of taxation, because it just doesn't work at all. Again, I have to chase payment for my referrals, something I've done for the past couple of years. In fact I didn't get paid at all last month, despite tickets telling me I would. More interestingly, I had 4 emails, telling me I was going to get paid, 4 different amounts, on 4 different dates. I now have a filter system which tells me of the email, but it's from PN's referral system and probably won't be accurate anyway. Come on guys, get it sorted! According to this last month, I should have earned £69.91. I'd be happy if I just got the regular £9 I should be getting.
Oh, and how about if Barry danced along to "Money (that's what I want)" by the Beatles?
or "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" by the Notorious BIG
or, my favourite, "Money for nothing" by Dire Straits. Roll_eyes
Anyone got any other suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Suggestions for the PN band (and lack of referrals, again)

Yes, Jessie J "Price tag"  Grin
avatastic
Grafter

Meat Loaf "Life is a lemon (and i want my money back)"
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
mattharesign

i think the pigeon detectives 'take her back'  would be awesome if covered by a brass band.  makes it so!

>

menthe
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Rikaitch
Sorry to hear that's been a problem for you, I'm looking into this with our finance team today, so I'll get back to you and get you credited correctly ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Rikaitch
Grafter

And then PN gets even more unbelievable... Just had an email from the accounts department.
"Your Direct Debit has failed, so to avoid restrictions on your account, please log on to update your direct debit instructions."
So I log on to the portal, to update my ticket, and I can't because I have restrictions on the account (!). So I phone the CSC, and after the poor girl listens to my rant, she talks to the accounts department, who explain that a) I have £5-ish of referrals a month (which is either not good news, I must have lost about 40 referrals in a month for that to happen, or completely wrong) and that b) I actually owe them £1.24 (!).
On the good side, I have had a completely spurious amount of money paid back into my account, not any of the previous emails amounts. I'm not complaining, but I wish whoever deals with the referrals would get the sack. Maybe PN should get rid of the existing system, and start again. It's just not working, is it?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
Apologies for the delayed update when I said I'd get back to you. I'm sorry about the billing issue that ocurred today.
I'm flagging this back with the finance team re ticket 55113135 to correct the account status and make sure the refunds are going through correctly (sounds like they may be).
but I wish whoever deals with the referrals would get the sack

Dont' worry, I get your sentiment there but it's a process which is partially automated and for some customers we manage it partly manually so there isn't one central cause for your issues but I am looking at what's happened here in more detail to see what we can learn.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Rikaitch
Just to update you we've opened a new problem re the issues you've had with referrals, for the moment (possibly for a few months at least) can we remove the direct debit details and deal with these by cheque for you?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Rikaitch
Grafter

Adam: The last time you sent me a cheque, it was for £9. What with Irish exchange rates and Irish bank fees (I'm in Ireland, y'see), my bank gave me a whole €4 for it. I'd prefer to get a direct payment, but if I have to get a cheque then so be it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Without meaning to be blunt it needs to be a cheque really whilst we assess how we're getting this problem sorted. As for the amounts we're taking the time to calculate them manually.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ah, I've just been informed that I can arrange BACS payments for you which I'm pretty sure you'd prefer to us sending you cheques. Do you want to PM me your details for that? Otherwise I can call you if you'd rather give your details over the phone.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Rikaitch
Grafter

PM'd you Adam, and yes, BACS is so much better for me Smiley
Thanks