Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for a better phone plan

FIXED
RoderD
Fixes: 1

Suggestions for a better phone plan

My current Plusnet phone service is Talk Evenings & Weekends can anyone suggest a better call plan as I live on a state pension and very rarely make calls during the day.On my latest bill I was shocked to find that a local call I made at 4.30 pm on 18th Feb to a friend which lasted 1hour and 4mins cost me £9.80, I checked the tarrif and the call rate is 15p per min. any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Suggestions for a better phone plan

@RoderD IIRC the current Anytime call plan is £9../month, but do you make enough calls in a month to justify the cost?

Do you have a mobile phone - I have a call package on mine that allows for unlimited calls/texts and 1GB of data (which I never use) that is £6.00/mth , minus £1.00 for the unused data.

John
RoderD
Fixes: 1

Fix

Thanks for your suggestion I do have a mobile and am happy with the deal I get, in future I will only use my landline for very brief calls during the day as I am now aware of the prohibitive cost. I remember using phone boxes when you put a couple of pennies in and pressed button B or was it A? 😊

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Corr - you must be as old as me.😁

The only calls I make on the landline are to 0800 numbers, or a friend of mine who is also a PN customer - so we get 60 minutes free anyway, per call.

John