cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion - email customer when credit card near expiry date !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestion - email customer when credit card near expiry date !

Just a suggestion, but I recently received a very helpful email from PayPal informing me that my registered credit card has only a month remaining until the expiry date.
This helpful and timely reminder gave me due warning to update my details BEFORE any interruption to the service.  Cheesy
Would Plusnet consider doing the same ?, as the last time my card expired the first thing I knew is that my monthly payment failed and I had no broadband until I had made lots of phone calls to work out what had gone wrong.  Undecided
Also while on the subject of PayPal, why does Plusnet not offer PayPal as an alternative to credit card and direct debit ?, as many other services I have subscriptions with now offer PayPal as an option !
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Suggestion - email customer when credit card near expiry date !

Hi Purleigh,
We send three - at 21days prior to expiry, then 7 days and 3 days so it may be that you updated your card before any were sent. If that's not the case please post back and I'll do a bit more digging for you.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

There is still an 'open' problem  "Accept Updated CC Details Ahead of Validity Datehttp://usergroup.plus.net/pugit/view.php?id=426 in the PUGIT database to allow the billing system to accept a 'new' set of Credit Card details prior to the new card validity date.  This was never reported as 'fixed' though it may have been done as one of the more recent changes?
Can you check please Matt?  I'd be more than happy to update the details if it has been sorted.
Thanks
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Not applicable

When mine expired a couple of years ago I received emails well in advance of the date.  In fact I got a bit fed up of them because my card was late coming (problems at the bank) so couldn't appease the system - had to put in another one just for a quiet life!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matt,
I just took a closer look at my expired credit card, and yes I did update my Plusnet account details with the replacement card more than 21 days before the old card would have stopped working.
So if the process of emails is as you describe, then I would not have received an email reminder yet - suggestion solved !  Cheesy
Presumably this email notification system was implemented since the previous time my card expired, when I lost my broadband without any warning.
You did not answer whether Plusnet have any plans to add PayPal as an alternative payment method ?