cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden bill increase!!!!!!!!!

djpinky
Grafter

Sudden bill increase!!!!!!!!!

Why have i suddenly gone from paying £6.49 to £12.99 ???????? What the hell is going on? I am not happy with that.. no chance I am going to pay 12.99 every month. I'll be leaving. Thanks x
19 REPLIES 19
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Sudden bill increase!!!!!!!!!

thats probably what you signed up to   you are probably on a market one exchange and have just had your first 3 months on Value.
did you read what you signed up to?
https://portal.plus.net/broadband/?source=mainNav
PricingHide Detail
* Plusnet Value: If you live in a low cost area it costs £6.49 a month. If you live outside one of these areas it costs £6.49 a month for the first three months, then £10.79 or £12.99 a month depending on where you live. See how we compare on price in your area.
I
djpinky
Grafter

Of course I read it, I'm not stupid.. And as for 3 months blaaa de blaaa I have been with plusnet a lot longer than 3 months, so blows that idea out the window. But thanks any way.. it's not that !
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just to rule out the obvious - what does this say your Exchange Market is http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
and does it agree with http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Another thought, you have been a Forum Member for a year, did you sign on with a 12 month special offer?, they do these occasionally but not all the time
djpinky
Grafter

Yes oldjim they agree with each other thank you though. and as for 12 months that is sounding more like it but i am not sure how long i have been a customer for now.. sure it is more like 10months ?? Can some one find out or how can i ? Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to find out how long you have been a customer either
here -
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary
or -
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0
djpinky
Grafter

It has been a year Cheesy OmG !! So now I have to pay 25 pound to cancel ?? WTF... or continue paying 12.99....... JESUS CHRIST. Can't you offer me a better deal? I am a good customer.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternatively you could move house to a 'low cost' BT Market-3 exchange area, and continue to get your "Value" broadband at £6.49  Cry
Living in a high cost Market-1 exchange area is a major disincentive when looking at Plusnet's current products, either as a new customer or as an existing customer (like me) who is currently on a legacy product (not subject to market pricing penalties) but wishing to upgrade.
djpinky
Grafter

I love where I live, it is too amazing to move, I would not even contemplate it ! Should not have to really, can't believe I get penalized for not living in a certain area ! I have been absolutely chuffed with the service I have had from plusnet for 12 months.. but that has been slashed in the last 24 hours.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'm afraid on Market 1 exchanges, pretty well all the ISPs charge more. When you look at the advertising, all the ISP headline rates are for Market 3 exchanges. I'm an Orange mobile customer and when I asked about their £5 a month broadband, oh no sir that will cost you £15+ per month.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

this is from your Forum profile - that is just the Forum date, not your broadband
Name: djpinky
Position: Member
Date Registered: 17/05/2011, 08:45
Last Active: 23/05/2012, 23:40
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It isn't £25 if you move to another provider using a MAC code
The £25 is the charge for cancelling broadband on the line
djpinky
Grafter

So how do I get a MAC code Huh Please can I get one ? Thanks
James
Grafter

@djpinky
Have you looked to see if you are able to get a cheaper deal elsewhere?  We should be the cheapest in your area for standalone broadband.
If you need to get a MAC you will need to speak to our Customer Options Team on 08004320200.