cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problems, can't connect to plus.net

BaxMaxTuck
Grafter

Strange problems, can't connect to plus.net

Hi, really desperate for some help here.

Since Monday my fibre broadband has been acting bizarre. It started last week when I changed my payment method on my account to a new Visa Debit card, for some reason it didn't take and I got an email and text Monday stating that I needed to update my payment method, which I did again Monday morning. Monday evening I received another message from Plusnet saying I needed to go and pay my bill, but when I went to do so I was unable to connect to the Plusnet website, so I double checked that the website was up and running on my mobile network, which it was. I then noticed I could also not connect to the Plunet Webmail page, thinking it was perhaps just a glitch I decided just to leave it 24hrs, but then I started having other problems. I am unable to connect the network service on my Panasonic Bluray Media Player, and my Xbox connection started acting strange, specifically, I can't connect to the servers of a game called Gems Of War.

It seems as though some gremlins have crawled into my fibre broadband. I've connected my mobile to my hub one to rule out the problem being my pc, i've tried disabling the router firewall, and i've tried using the Google DNS servers, all to no success.

On a seperate note, I would also note that my fibre speed has been quite lacking in the speed department, specifically the last few weeks, my Max. data rate according to my Hub One is around 20000/58000, with a Data rate of about 15000/49000. I am in fact at the moment only getting a Download speed of about 27Mbps, less than half of my Guaranteed Minimum Speed, which is pretty lousy.

Could someone please have a look at my account, I don't know if any restrictions or banding could be the cause of my problems, but I really need them sorted ASAP!

Thank You, Chris

6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Strange problems, can't connect to plus.net

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to Accounts / Billing.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
BaxMaxTuck
Grafter

Anybody?

Also, just curious as to why my topic has been moved to My Account/Billing. I wouldn't consider my problem to be with billing, but with my fibre connection. I would happily pay my bill if I could get onto the plus.net website, which is what I was attempting to do when I first discovered a problem with my broadband. Now I'm just worried that moving my post to this forum will result in my broadband problem not getting the attention needed.

Chris.

BaxMaxTuck
Grafter

So, after looking through over member posts it seems that I have the same restrictions problem as other Plusnet users. I was issued a new Debit Card by my bank, I updated my primary payment method before my bill date, Plusnet failed to charge my card, and now I'm stuck, unable to pay my bill online because of restrictions placed on my account due to not paying my bill 😒.

Could someone please remove the restrictions on my account so I can pay my bill, or am I just better off biting the bullet, and paying my bill over the phone?

Never had to jump through hoops before to pay a bill 😂.

Chris.

BaxMaxTuck
Grafter

Managed to get my outstanding bill payed today via telephone and the restrictions appear to have been lifted from my account. I have found this whole experience to be rather disappointing though, payment was not taken from my debit card through no fault of my own, yet I had restrictions put on my account, even though I had an email saying I had 14 days to pay before restrictions would be placed. Also, I don't understand the wisdom in pointing people to the Plusnet website to pay their outstanding bill at the same time as restricting access to the Plusnet website.

I would like to add that the customer service members I talked to today over the phone were very helpful, just wish I didn't feel as though I had been ignored on this forum.

Anyway, I move onto my next problem now.

Regards, Chris

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Odd website restrictions while in the 14 days of failed payment where there shouldn’t be any is a problem affecting some people that I believe Plusnet are trying to get to the bottom of.

Shouldn’t be necessary but if you have a VPN I’ve read that seems to ‘fix’ the issue as a workaround while in failed payment.

Staff seem to be thin on the ground via the community forum nowadays. Good to see you’ve called in and got that resolved. 

Speed issues wise, are your devices connecting wirelessly or wired to your router?

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Plusnet are trying to get to the bottom of. 😂 they been trying for over 2 years now 😲