cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange billing period on VMBU & usage not reset?

ntpntpntp

Strange billing period on VMBU & usage not reset?

My billing period has always been something like 4th of one month to 3rd of the next.      Currently View MyBroadband  Usage is showing as Oct 04 2011 - Dec 03 2011 (2 months??)

Reason I ask is that this past month I've gone over 10Gb peak usage on my old Broadband Plus package (the joys of a teenage son!), so I'm assuming this is why it's curently heavily throttled 4pm - midnight but full speed all other times.    I thought the usage would be reset on Nov 4th but still showing almost 16Gb total usage and throttling way down to 280kbps in peak times.
Any ideas why?  Is it perhaps that the payment hasn't actually been taken out yet?

As a side-issue, I'm considering changing to a more modern 60b package anyway.  Anyone know whether the new package would continue to support my existing 100Mb web space,  £1 domain name registration, and email addresses on that domain name that I have on the current package?  I'm currently on "up to 8Mb" speed (and getting about 6.5Mb which I'm happy with): would a new package put me on "up to 20Mb"?   As far as I can tell my exchange is ADSL2+ enabled.
Many thanks
12 REPLIES 12
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Strange billing period on VMBU & usage not reset?

all the goodies are carried over, but it is best to ask and not just click the change package.
Not sure with delving but is your peak/offpeak hours midnight to 8 am or to 4 pm, as that doesnt carry over
ntpntpntp

Peak hours on my old Broadband Plus are 4pm to midnight.  I'm not bothered if the peak times on the new package were to be different, I doubt we use as much as 20Gb total though of course this might increase over time.

So... here I am at 17:15 getting badly throttled 2 days into what should be a new billing period and have only used maybe 200Mb of peak time.    Should I raise a support ticket to query no reset of usage or billing start date?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I would phone in 
Residential Support 0800 432 0200
0345 140 0200 All day, every day
You'll need your username and password handy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ntpntpntp,
It looks like you're on the correct profile for your account type at the moment, I hope you've noticed a difference when using the service?
The usage is still showing incorrectly (though the profile should mean you're not being restricted), I've requested that that gets reset for you. That will take place tomorrow.
Hope that helps,
ntpntpntp

Quote from: Matt

It looks like you're on the correct profile for your account type at the moment, I hope you've noticed a difference when using the service?

Sadly not: speed test at 17:25 struggling to get to 200kbps, not my usual 6700+.  Thanks for looking into it and I appreciate it seems to be something gone wrong at PN, but not happy  Sad
The usage is still showing incorrectly (though the profile should mean you're not being restricted), I've requested that that gets reset for you. That will take place tomorrow.

OK, will check VMBU tomorrow. 
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Looks like the reset didn't work I'm afraid, which has led to the incorrect profile being applied to your account. I'm trying to get this sorted for you, really sorry it didn't work.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right - that's removed the restricted profile so you should have normal browsing this evening. I'll make sure to jump on the VMBU issue first thing tomorrow for you.
CWatters
Grafter

Hummm. Looks like I have the same problem.
My account also runs 4th of the month to the 3rd of the month.
Today I noticed the usage hadn't been reset on 4th November and it says the current billing period is Oct 04 2011 - Dec 03 2011 eg TWO months long!
Have not made any changes to my account for years.
Payment by DD seems to have occured as normal.
See thread..
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,100192.0.html
and possibly
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,99972.0.html
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can confirm that this has now been resolved as of yesterday. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Smiley
CWatters
Grafter

Many thanks.
batbob00

3 days ago I raised this concern about usage reset date... I have Nov - Jan.. Should be Dec to Jan Now.
I have raised tickets, called no fun..
Can someone please sort this?
even my own topic gets missed!!!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi batbob00,
I've replied to your ticket and your other thread.