cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop order on line for new house

kamcnally

Stop order on line for new house

Hi,
We just ordered Fibre for our new home purchase and specified that we would be moving in on 12/12/2014. We had chosen potential engineer dates for a week after that (19th).
A couple of days ago I received a text which says "There is currently a stop order on the phone line with the current provider which is due to complete on 12-Dec-2014 and this is preventing us from placing your order.Please can you contact the current provider to get this removed and then contact us ..."
I'm confused as to what I am meant to do as we've just bought the property and are therefore not the current account holders, meaning that I cannot contact the current provider.
Is there anything I can actually do to move the order on and ensure that the order will be carried out on the date that we move in? I was really hoping that we could get the new connection sorted before Christmas.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Stop order on line for new house

Hi KaMcNally,
A warm welcome to PlusNet's forums.
Unfortunately you have run foul of BTOR's crazy way of doing things (nothing to do with PlusNET).  It is not possible to have more than one order on a phone line at the same time.  Synch restrictions mean that a line cannot concurrently gave both a phone line and a broadband fault report and in your case a service cease from the current occupier and a service start from yourselves.
Yes it is stupid, but that is BTOR and Ofcom rules for you - unhelpful is the polite version.  Cheesy
The pragmatic approach is to ask the current occupier to request their supplier to lift the line cease order with BTOR so that you can book a line takeover from the date of your move.  Such an approach should also avoid the £50 line reconnection charge too.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

One gotcha with this is if the previous provider is also Plusnet. In such cases a cease-and-reconnect is unfortunately the only option. 
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Well as I have suggested elsewhere to you, that is not the experience I had.  If there are new rules, then the expectation from PlusNET that a retraction of the cease order be made by the current supplier to move things along would be poor double standards.
I will start a feedback thread to get clarification on the matter of changing subscriber details on a PN line.  It has to be simpler than is being now being suggested, it was certainly simple and straight forward when I did it in Mach this year.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Clarification would ddefinitely be helpful; too late for us but I'm sure it will help others I'm the future.
kamcnally

Thanks for the help.
Definitely seems like the process is a little bit backwards. I guess my only option is to see if I can get in contact with the current occupier; I'm not sure that I will be able to this close to our move date.