cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop order :S

marbeck3

Stop order :S

Hi,
We've cancelled out current broadband with Post Office and they've given a date of 28th November 2014 when our broadband & phone line ends. I've just had a text from Plus Net saying you can't process our fibre and phone line order until this 'stop' had been removed or it's going to cost £49.99.
When I signed up with Plus Net it said 'free phone line activation worth £49.99' - I'm confused!
EDIT: When signing up with Plus Net online the closest engineer visit I could choose to the above date was 4th December 2014.
If someone could get back to me asap?
Thanks
Martin Butler

12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Stop order :S

Hi marbeck3 and welcome to the Community!
The £49.99 is for a new line installation which is what we'd have to arrange if the previous provider "stop" the line as that means we're unable to follow the process of transferring it over.
With that in mind I'd give PO a call ASAP and advise them to cancel that order as it's not needed and would lead to additional costs for yourself.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
marbeck3

Thanks Adam.
Will give them a ring. They've obviously misunderstood our cancellation requirements (and cancelled the line just not the account) - we even told them we're moving to Plus Net as PO don't offer a fibre service.
marbeck3

EDIT update: PO cocked up. Someone actually helpful has now removed the 'cease' that was put on our phone line (which should'nt have been done in the first), this will take 24hours. After that Plus Net should be able to continue with my order.

ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Did you ask for a MAC from post office? Have a look here
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/switch/
Ian
marbeck3

Apparantly a MAC isn't needed when moving from broadband to fibre?
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

mmmm, I think it is ask for one and supply it to plusnet anyway; they will give it to you over the phone immediately.
Opening hours to receive mac from the post office is 9-5
Ian
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I see that one of my colleagues here has been able to place the phone and fibre orders for you. I've just had to make a slight change to the phone order so this matches the fibre order, otherwise the PO would likely have ceased the line before we took it over. We'll double check again tomorrow to make sure everything is looking fine.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Who told you a MAC isn't required? Whoever it was is totally wrong.
Chris
Legend

I believe that if you're on an MPF circuit with PO and moving to Fibre then a MAC isn't required.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@ Chris. Of course you are correct, my failing memory did not recall that Post Office is now using TT LLU, but generally a migration from ADSL( non-LLU) to Fibre will need a MAC. Smiley
Chris
Legend

I had to check myself! It's a type of order I personally hadn't dealt with much recently.
marbeck3

Thank you Chris. Hopefully everything will be ok now.
Smiley