Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop my cancellation of my contract

sebmon243
Dabbler

Stop my cancellation of my contract

Pls can you help me,pls.
Before I ordered broadband from another provider I had already canceled Plusnet contract.
I had phone call from my another provider, Post Office. They told me that I need to cancel the cancellation of the Plusnet contract. And they will do it for me to take over.
I hope that what I write is understandable. I have just canceled the contract too soon. My new provider should do it for me so that I can keep my phone number.
Pls , can you help me. Tomorrow I will have let them know that I sort my problem. And then they will contact with Plusnet , I AM not sure how it works between two providers.
Thank you
16 REPLIES 16
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Stop my cancellation of my contract

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @sebmon243

I'm deeply sorry to hear you're leaving us.
If you arranged to leave us without arranging a new provider to take over, we will have placed a 'cease' order on your line.

So your new provider can place a 'working line takeover' we would need to cancel the pending cease on your line.

Unfortunately we cannot accept these requests directly over the community forums. If you would like us to do this, please can you respond to this TICKET and let us know here that you wish to proceed.

sebmon243
Dabbler

Is there aby charge for this? I mean for stopping
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @sebmon243

No there is no charge for making this change, but you will be charged for any services you do use while this line remains with us. e.g. making calls etc.

However, as it is an account change this must be documented on your account that you wish us to take this action.

sebmon243
Dabbler

Hi,
I answered for the ticked yesterday. Can you tell me how long do I have to wait for reply?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've picked this up now and I've cancelled the cancellation request.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sebmon243
Dabbler

Thank you for a respond. I will have a phone call from my another provider. I will let you know if everything is ok.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sebmon243
Dabbler

Yesterday I had a phone call from a new supplier and everything is ok.

But besides, I have another problem, which is not new. It repeats every now and then. I have a problem with the internet since yesterday. It is very poor quality, it is very slow or it is not at all. About two weeks ago, more or less, I had a similar problem. As well as a few months ago. It looks like someone was having fun and set and turn off the internet. It is very frustrating for me and my family, children.

I am disappointed with this. Earlier, I was told that I would get compensation. But the problem is coming back. Place for something that I do not have. It should not be like that. You should pay for existing services and not for their lack.
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @sebmon243,

I'm glad to hear your migration to your new provider is now progressing.

In terms of your query relating to the problems you were experiencing previously and compensation, I cannot provide account sensitive information via the forums and so I have responded to a ticket on your account HERE.

And as a further to this, while we can advise some basic troubleshooting steps to help with your connection. I'm afraid that since you're moving to a new provider immanently, we would not be able to raise a supplier investigation as this would be rejected as you have a line takeover in progress.

sebmon243
Dabbler

I'm sorry, but this answer does not satisfy me. The matter you write about some time ago I was not happy as it was solved. At that time everything was well my hardware and cables. It was also the internet speed. More data was sent than the downloaded. I asked for the repair of this not sending an engineer who "can find something me." I do not trust such practices. On the phone I was in advance, what was I was doing. It was not helped, so the fault was plusnet. Suddenly the second day the internet started working. Miracle? Do not think.
Therefore, please do not say by the fact that I am switching to a new supplier. Now you have an excuse to turn off and turn on the Internet when you want without any consequences. I paid the bill and I just want the service. If this practice continues and I do not have the internet, I will go to help somewhere else.
I feel cheated. This is not fair and not right. This is not right that my children crying and they are in stres. Can you explain my kids they can not watch their favorite tales on YouTube.
They are small. I AM in stres also because of this.
I just want my broadband work, that's it. Now is like on and off. You make my life hard.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@sebmon243,

Unfortunately no fault reports exist on your account. When you contact us regarding connection issues we'll always run some tests on your connection to see if anything obvious is causing the problem you're reporting. If there isn't an obvious cause (external faults) then we'll always ask you to perform some internal checks, while in your last message you hint towards these being completed there was no further contact with us to actually try and resolve any ongoing fault, you've also advised that you wouldn't want an engineer, which is there was a line fault issue would require one. I'm sorry but I don't believe you've given us any opportunity to resolve any issues with your connection in a constructive manner, resulting in your request to move to another provider - any line fault you have will likely transfer with you to that new provider too, who will also require you to perform internal checks and follow their faults process. We would not provide any compensation for this, if you don't agree with this stance then please feel free to follow our complaints procedure here.

As it stands we can run more testing on your connection, but we wouldn't be able to raise a fault with our suppliers, or issue out an engineer for investigation as only a single fault or order is allowed on a line at one time, and as you're moving provider it prevents us from doing so. 

sebmon243
Dabbler

I am not suggesting that the matter is settled. I wrote about the old case, because it was addressed in the previous e-mail. I am not moving to another provider because here an error occurred. I'm moving because I'm not happy with your services. Unfortunately for me the error occurred during the transfer. Strange that you do not see in the system that something is wrong. Last time you said the same thing, you pretended everything was fine. Same with my mailbox. I do not see my e-mails, you see them. I got an e-mail that I can try to restore my e-mails, but you can not see it. It's some paranoia! Do you think I'm an idiot? You are funny while constantly writing about compensation. You clung to the old case and ignore the new one. I'm reporting a problem, you say it is not there. Do not clog the responsibility of the new supplier. If my problem is further ignored, my lawyer will contact you shortly. I am fed up with begging and begging for something that belongs to me. You took my money for this month. How should I trust such a company. If I did not pay it then you would like to charge me. I am waiting for a quick solution. I'm writing now from work, this is the only place where I can have internet because I'm cut off from the internet. I can not even send important emails, do my homework with my child.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@sebmon243

I'm going to try and go into some detail here so apologies if this is quite a long read. Below is a summary of some of the terms and conditions you agreed to when setting up your account (the information below is abridged please see the terms and conditions link for the full breakdown) - 

• 8. Engineer visits 

8.2. We may charge you, as set out in the Price Guide, for any engineer visit if:

8.2.2. entry is refused to the premises, or access cannot be gained by the engineer;

8.2.3. we agreed with you that the premises had to meet certain requirements so we could carry out the work, and it doesn't meet these requirements;

8.2.4. you report a fault, an engineer attends your premises and discovers the fault was not due to our services or equipment or, the reported fault was not present;

8.2.7. if we could have fixed the issue without sending an engineer if you'd had the ability to connect to the router with wired (Ethernet) connection; or

8.2.8. an engineer arrives at the premises to carry out the work you requested, but you no longer wish the work to be carried out.

The Ts&Cs also have a section on compensation 13. Compensation:

13.1. If you let us know you've suffered an intermittent or continuous total loss of service we'll refund a pro-rata amount of any subscription fees you have paid in respect of that period of loss of service, except where:

13.1.3. through no fault on our part, we are unable to carry out any necessary work on your premises (for example where we can't gain access to your premises, agree an appointment date or obtain all assistance or information that we require from you).

Looking at your account you contacted us early 2018, we provided you some checks to do on your connection to assist us in trying to resolve any issues you might have been having. A couple of days later you rang again to go through the same checks that were provided previously you refused to accept the possibility of charges if it was internal, or you missed the visit so the matter wasn't progressed. 

This is the only time logged on your account that you've spoken to us to try and resolve any fault on your account until this thread. You connection is dropping, that's not disputed and I can see that on the connection logs on your service, but to allow us to try and fix issues like that you have to perform internal checks and you have to give us the opportunity to issue an engineer if we deem one required. Doing so you then have to agree that a charge would apply if you don't perform the internal checks, miss the appointment or fail to meet any of the conditions in section 8. 

The issue you're noting about your email is logged on your account but none of your emails were archived at the time also when you raised this to us your complaint wasn't about missing emails but cashback on this thread this was marked as resolved until you created this new thread. 

You've now opted to leave, and never given us an opportunity to resolve any faults you've had with your connection so you will not be provided with compensation, again please follow the complaints procedure if you disagree with this. As you've chosen to leave we can no longer progress this as a fault because of the order in place to move your service.

If you'd like us to try and fix your fault, then initially please follow the full broadband checks here, confirm we can cancel the order to move your service away while the fault is in progress; and that you agree to the possibility of an engineer charge if it's found the details in section 8 of the standard terms and conditions haven't been met. Alternatively you have the option to allow the move to your new provider to complete on the date we've both provider, and if the fault continues it will then become their responsibility to assist you in resolve the matter via their internal and line tests.