Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Calls Package on my account

FIXED
Welshsteve
Grafter

Stop Calls Package on my account

Are there PlusNet staff on these forums?  I do not wish to spend ages on a call waiting for my call to be answered, but need to contact customer services about removing the landline calls package from my account. If I try to do this through the account, my current "deal" disappears and I'm told on screen that my monthly bill is going to go up to over £40 a month.  The calls package I am on was an add on so should not affect my broadband deal, but it appears it does.

Online chat is still unavailable. Why?

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Stop Calls Package on my account

Deleted - hadn't seen OPs edit.

John
Welshsteve
Grafter

Yes, but this removes my broadband deal.  I'm currently on a broadband deal for £27.99 a month, with an extra £5 per month for calls package. So my current bill is a total of £32.99 a month.

When I try to change the phone calls package to the "only pay for calls you make" option, suddenly it tells me my monthly bill is going to be £40.98 (see screenshot). Which is wrong as I'm not changing my broadband package. It should be £27.99

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Welshsteve 

There is flaw (not the only one!) in Plusnet's systems such that the algorithm on the portal where you change / delete / add call plans etc fails to recognise existing discounts on broadband. and so displays costs without such discounts. If you proceed via the portal to remove your call plan you will not lose your discount. To be sure, just keep an eye on things at billing time just on the very outside chance that something does go wrong - I scrutinise my bill every month as I have little faith in Plusnet's systems given my experiences over the past two years!

Welshsteve
Grafter

Hi @jgb 

Thanks for that. Not sure if I'd trust that then. I could go for it and try that, but as there is no way of seeing what my next bill cost will be, I won't know until they take the money off me if it is correct or not

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hello there, I hope you're well.

Please be advised that we would need to confirm that we're speaking with the account holder before such changes can be actioned on our end. I've therefore sent an email to the registered address on the account which would need to be responded to.

Once you've responded, please let me know via this forum page and I'll have a look. I should then be able to amend the call plan on my side.

Hope this helps, Adam.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds