cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still wanting payment after broadband Cancelled

lesley1234
Hooked

Still wanting payment after broadband Cancelled

After switching broadband to the Post Office in February we cancelled our Direct Debit with Plusnet, however it was cancelled before the last payment in March was paid, i received an email saying you havent paid, so paid online with debit card and received a text saying thank you for your payment.

However today i have received another email saying you recently cancelled your plusnet on the 13 March,please pay £52.27 or we are passing it to an agency, we paid the March invoice on 12 March which was only £27.99 so we do not owe anything after trying to ring and cannot get through, i am getting extremely anxious about this and are going to pass it on to a solicitor i know as i am an old age pensioner of 78 and this was supposed to be straight forward.

11 REPLIES 11
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: Still wanting payment after broadband Cancelled

Hi @lesley1234, sorry to hear of this. I have looked at the account for you and I can see a colleague has already got back to you via email.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
lesley1234
Hooked

Could you please let me know what email you sent it to as haven’t received anything 

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi there @lesley1234, I'm so sorry to read about this issue. The email that my colleague replied to is the same email address that the other emails you've mentioned above have been sent to.

The bill that is currently outstanding is the final bill for your services which is why it has been charged following your final normal monthly bill after your switch. This is separate from the bill you had already paid.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
lesley1234
Hooked

I am writing on behalf of my mum, this all started back in February when she started forgetting things and has onset dementia, so i cancelled her broadband on 26.02.20 and paid the last payment (or so i thought 14/3/20) for £27.99, however now we have received letter from Pastdue Solutions saying we owe £65.34, i have been trying to speak to someone on and off since March, now she is getting worse with her dementia, i cannot get her to confirm on the phone her security questions as she doesn't know them, and if i help her they still wouldn't let me.

She opens the letters and has got very anxious and is scared people are going to come to her house, as far as i was concerned, i cancelled it online as you are aware you are impossible to get through to on the phone and it was all sorted.

Could you please rectify this as i have so much going on with her to sort out without you sending letters etc.

Thanks

Kate Stockwood

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @lesley1234,

I'm sorry that this query is still ongoing and for the concern that this has caused. Due to the circumstances that you've mentioned, I've not given the account holder a call but have added a ticket update on the account. This can be viewed here and a copy will also have gone to the contact email address on the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
lesley1234
Hooked

Thank you for getting back to me, but my mum wouldn't have known anything about an early termination, we are going through a lot at the moment, trying to get community nurses in, help with finances etc. this has put so much added pressure on her, couldn't you wave the fee as everything is on hold at the moment as i cannot get access to her money and things are going through solicitors etc. trying to get power of attorney etc.  I didn't realise she was under a contract as she took it out in 2017. If you cannot waiver the fee, unfortunately you will have to wait until we have power of attorney, so would appreciate it, if you could not keep adding fees for non payment.

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @lesley1234

Thanks for getting in touch. I can see that Emily took ownership of this case which is being dealt on this ticket. Unfortunately we are unable to discuss any account sensitive and billing informations on public forum.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @lesley1234,

Thank you for your reply. I completely appreciate where you're coming from, given the circumstances. Please can you send me your contact number over on a private message and I'll give you a call to discuss this further.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
lesley1234
Hooked

My number is [Removed]

Kate Stockwood

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  lesley1234

To send a Private Message just click on Emily D name and a there will be box on the RHS to send a PM

Also i would ask for your mobile number to be removed 

HD

lesley1234
Hooked

I am getting so fed up with this, I do not know how to send private message it won’t do it, how hard is it just to ring somebody, will not be using Plusnet ever again so poor service, we have enough on our plate at the moment and this is just adding to all the stress