cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still taking payments months after account cancelled!

Brendan1989
Hooked

Still taking payments months after account cancelled!

As above, I cancelled my service with you at the end of August and changed to a different provider (talktalk) but I've just noticed you've still been taking monthly direct debits for a service I'm not even connected to! I'm sure you're aware but you're breaking the law by charging me for a service I'm not using, so I hope you'll be able to refund me the mistaken payments in short order with minimal hassle.

It looks to me like you've taken September, October, November and December's payments of £18.49, which adds up to £73.96 that I'm owed currently. If you can't refund me quickly I'll cancel the direct debit with my bank and claim it back from you using my banks direct debit guarantee, however I'd rather not go to the trouble if it can be avoided.

I have attached a screenshot of my latest bill which hopefully has all the details you need to get this sorted.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed personal information from screen shot.

11 REPLIES 11
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Still taking payments months after account cancelled!

@Brendan1989, you probably need to edit the bill you attached, as it shows your name and address, and this is a public forum that is visible to anyone.

It won't be any consolation, but you are by no means the only person affected by the new "improved" billing system.

Brendan1989
Hooked

I appreciate your concern but it's an old address, and the landline is never connected so I'm not too bothered. As it's an image it shouldn't be picked up by any bots either
Brendan1989
Hooked

I notice the screenshot has been blacked out, how is the support team meant to help me now? Can you at least reinstate the account number?
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Brendan1989

I am deeply sorry to hear about the issue you have addressed to us.

I have looked into your account and responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Plusnet should be deeply sorry that they are not taking any proactive action on the results of their failed billing system.

Do plusnet seriously wait until some ex customer notices that they are being charged for something that is not provided or requested?

Are things that bad? Yes that is a rhetorical question. Not that I expected an answer anyway.

Brendan1989
Hooked

I've had the following message on a new support ticket. Should I be concerned that there is no mention of refunding the £73 taken in error? It's no good saying those invoices 'aren't owed' when the payments have been taken via direct debit anyway!

Dear Mr Brown,

Thank you for contacting us on our Community Forum.

I am deeply sorry to hear about the issue you have addressed to us. I can see you have been receiving invoices from us, after your services was cancelled on 18/09/2018.

This is an error on our system, these invoices are not owed. In September, we had a scheduled maintenance update on our billing system. It appears your account was impacted with the update, as you were midway in cancelling your services during this time period.

I have raised this issue to our Billing Operation team, to stop these invoice being sent to you and rectify the error on our system. Usually, when raising a ticket to the department they aim to work on the task within 10 working days.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. We appreciate your continued patience, throughout this process.

Should you require any further information feel free to contact us through our Social Media channels or you call us on 0800 432 0200. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Wakas Hussain
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

I would update your ticket to explicitly ask for a refund a.s.a.p. Plusnet aren't very proactive in returning money.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Thanks for posting the ticket info. Always interesting to see how little plusnet appear to be doing.

A cut and paste generic message is a great help.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Brendan1989,

I am sincerely sorry for the experience you have had while leaving us and for the inconvenience this will have caused you. I can assure you all that we do take any reported issue of this nature very seriously and take steps to ensure this get resolved as quickly as possible.

I am sincerely sorry that this has not been the case for you and it is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide.

I have spoke to the relevant team and taken the necessary steps to get this resolved as soon as possible for you. As this is account specific information I have added further details to your ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Brendan1989
Hooked

Well I thought this was resolved, I received a cheque in the post with my refund and logging on to my plus net portal I get a message stating my account has been closed so I only have limited access.

However I'm still getting emails saying payment will be taken for the latest month. I want to get this sorted as although I've cancelled the direct debit they still managed to take a payment somehow last month 🙄 I've attached a screenshot of my latest 'bill'.

Is there anybody at PlusNet competent enough to sort this issue out once and for all?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to see we're still trying to bill you. I think I've sorted this now, but please do let us know if you receive any further communication from us regarding payment.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet