cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still receiving bills after leaving plusnet

Sheppards23

Still receiving bills after leaving plusnet

I left Plusnet a few months ago, but am still receiving bills.  The account was supposed to be closed, but every month since then, I receive an email saying my bill is ready to view. No payment is being taken, as there is no bill. I can not contact plusnet to get these stopped, as my account details are no longer recognised. How do I stop these emails?

6 REPLIES 6
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: Still receiving bills after leaving plusnet

Hi there @Sheppards23, thanks for getting in touch!

These emails are perfectly normal and can continue for a couple of months after the account being closed.

I am sorry to hear that these are inconvenient for you.

To stop these emails, we'll be able to remove your email address from the account.

We'll need to complete some security to be able to do this, so please send me a private message with your mobile/account number so we can start this process!

To send me a private message, you'll just need to click onto my profile and find the option.

Thank you

-Oli

fizzyj
Grafter
Fixes: 6

Hi Susan, sorry to hear that you are still receiving emails from us. I can advised I have updated the system and you will not receive these moving forward. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faisal J
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@OliGaffney wrote:
These emails are perfectly normal and can continue for a couple of months after the account being closed.

As well as being inconvenient sending bills post complete account closure is potentially a borderline GDPR breach.  Needs to be reviewed.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Topic moved to 'Accounts / Billing'

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@OliGaffney wrote:

To stop these emails, we'll be able to remove your email address from the account.

In what universe is it "perfectly normal" to keep telling customers that they've been billed for a service they are no longer receiving?  I don't know the age of the OP, but it could cause serious concern for an elderly person on a very limited income for example.  And I can't believe that a CSA would utter the next rather sarcastic line.  The last line of the quote above makes no sense, perhaps there is a word missing or a misspelling somewhere.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi,

Apologies for my colleague's response, I have passed feedback on in regards to this. I can confirm that it isn't normal to continue receiving bills after an account has been closed and that I have flagged this to our billing team so that they can look into what has happened here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team