Did you mean: 

Still not received email for £75 mastercard as advertised

FIXED
Pip2

Re: Still not received email for £75 mastercard as advertised

not received an email link for my prepaid mastercard - can you help

vgt

I have the same problem. I haven't received the email a month after broadband was activated. Can you help?

codjerlfc
Dabbler

Exactly the same for me, I've taken the time to call Plusnet twice and I'm still no nearer to getting the reward card that sealed the deal and made me choose to switch to Plusnet. On my first call to them I was told to wait three days and someone would call me back to sort out the card which never happened so I called them again a week later and after 25 minutes on the phone they hung up on me. Pretty shambolic, especially as Plusnet likes to say "they'll do us proud" or something similar on their adverts.

Maybe I should of stayed with TalkTalk, had no issues with them for  the three years or so I was with them.

jofru
Dabbler

Hello,

I'm in the same case. My service has been activated for close to a month now, no reward card.

And yes, I have verified my spam folder several times.

Could one of the staff on these forums please respond to these requests? It seemed to have been easily resolved by TinyTaco a month ago.

Thank you

Overscore
Rising Star

Hi

Have you found a solution yet to this? If not you might try searching for my recent posts (many) which have lots of help, email addresses and phone numbers.

Let me know how you get on.....I'm in a similar situation and will not let this drop.

MicHoy29

Hi Overscore, as soon as I put my post on here I received the link for the card, and had it posted out to me within a few days!
Overscore
Rising Star

That's brilliant, let's hope more people now find the same. Thanks for responding, it's very encouraging to know.

Overscore
Rising Star

Hi MicHoy29.....been thinking.....it's interesting to see that the whole problem can be resolved by means of a simple link rather than a dubious email. There's a post from 2018 where someone mentions a misbehaving link and within 28 minutes the problem has been resolved by a Plusnet colleague. That is service.

I am mystified as to why a company should choose to employ this discount method only to be savaged because it is seen to be a scam, even though it might really not be that at all. Instead of being rated on the quality of their communication services they are getting a bad reputation because of a discount voucher...seems crazy. Especially because there is obviously some policy decision somewhere in the system to take a scatter-gun approach to sending out the emails. If it wasn't policy, there would be very, very few people complaining about missing emails. As I've said before, an email sent is an email received, as long as the address is correct. It is a fact that emails seldom go missing, and to pretend they have sent these emails is just adding insult to injury.

I'm glad you have got things sorted out now. Please keep an eye out if you have the time maybe to guide other folk who appear here to find a similar solution.

MicHoy29

I have gave the benefit of the doubt as I've been with another provider who has sent the dubious email after 90 days, but I have got to assume that for 5 people that chases up these vouchers there must be at least one that doesn't. There's a £75 saving for Plusnet... I'm almost certain that my email link came directly from Plusnet and it was a Plusnet form that was filled in to get the card sent out, no third party involved. I do see that staff are no longer responding to comments on this thread, they were very quick to respond when I and a few others made a comment, so unless you start a new thread with the same heading just to see if there's any response. I hope you get sorted!
vgt

I phoned customer support 9 days ago about the lack of an email, and spoke to someone who said they would escalate the complaint to a team that would investigate, "but it might take a few days". I've heard nothing since and I assume I'll have to chase again.

I wonder how much profit Plusnet earn on a one-year broadband contract, and what a difference it makes to that profit if people give up chasing the £75 they were promised. 

Overscore
Rising Star

Hi, you're wonder how much....there are three entities involved in this:

1. Plusnet, the honey trap we're all in.

2. Purecard, the card provider

3. Blackhawk, the credit provider

They can easily pass the buck from one to the other while you spend hours fruitlessly on the phone becoming more and more angry, hoping you'll give up. Please don't for the benefit of all the other folk on here who are complaining about the same thing.

Search 'Overscore' posts for more details of what you can do.

Good luck.

EMcKinnell

Hi, 

I also haven't received my Mastercard even though I've been with you for months, and I've checked my spam.

Thanks!

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Thanks for contacting us about your cashback or reward card, please check our FAQs for help. If you don’t find what you need then get back in touch https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Pickmanline

Hi, 

Same situation here. I haven’t received the MasterCard despite my plus net being active for over 2 months now. 

Nothing through the post either. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Pickmanline, I've just looked into this for you and have added a query to your account here with more information: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=205922943

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team