Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no refund - debt collection ?

jb68
Grafter

Still no refund - debt collection ?

Hi,

Have been problems trying to cancel my account, have tried phoning and they said they would refund me £25ish but keep receiving emails and texts and I’m due £132.08 and threating me with debt collection.

Can you please check and confirm my account that this won’t happen and I’ll get my refund which I’m due. don’t want any more hassle. Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
jb68
Grafter

Re: Still no refund - debt collection ?

Any help?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey there, thank you for reaching out.

As my response to this contains billing information which is specific to your account, we're not able to share this via Social Media / Community Forum. I've therefore sent an email to the address registered on the account with further information regarding this. Please have a read, and feel free to reach out if you have any further queries. -Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jb68
Grafter

Thank you
jb68
Grafter

Just an update,

Now receiving emails and letters from a debt collection agency, i phoned plusnet and now saying it will take 2 weeks to get a reply back. Phoned the debt collection agency and took them im due then nothing.

I hope this doesn’t affect my credit rating, I’m very annoyed.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @jb68 

Looking at this I think there's a bit of confusion with regards to how the process works in these instances.

We'd ask our debt management team to raise what's known as a debt write off with the collections agency and it can take up to 10 days for their records to be updated automatically. In the meantime I'd recommend ignoring any communication you receive from them as this shouldn't affect your credit rating as we don't credit check you when signing up.

I've escalated this to our debt management team now so we can get the ball rolling as soon as we can.

Also I've arranged for the refund to be issued to you by cheque you should receive within 14 days. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jb68
Grafter

Hello;

Thanks for the update. I’ll ignore any future communication
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @jb68

No problem, let us know if there are further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jb68
Grafter

Just an update. 

received the cheque, and I haven’t received anything from debt collectors 

I take it this has all been resolved. 

hopefully sometime in future I’ll be back on plus net when you offer FTTP as I’ve received really good service in the past 3 years .

and thanks to the mods on this forum for helping me and resolving all my issues in the past. 

as Arnie says. I’ll be back. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update @jb68 

Awesome, that's good to see. Keep an eye out as there are rumours we'll be bringing out an FTTP product soon. Nothing's confirmed though so I can say if that'll definitely be the case. 

and thanks to the mods on this forum for helping me and resolving all my issues in the past.

Technically we aren't mods, we're just staff. Sometimes I do wish I was a mod. Cheesy

Joking aside, no problem though, happy to help in any way we can.

as Arnie says. I’ll be back. 

Hasta la vista @jb68 Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet