Did you mean: 

Still no £75 cashback

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Still no £75 cashback

Hey @Sophie0161,

I can see Matt has provided a response over the open complaint ticket here for you. Please do reply via that ticket should you wish to accept the offer and give us a nudge here once done.

Thanks.

Sophie0161
Dabbler

Still no cashback offer only offering a £30 cheque for the way I have been messed around. Funny how I am not the only one who has had a nightmare trying to claim their cashback
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Thank you for coming back to us.

I appreciate your comments regarding the cashback offer and apologise if you feel that you have been messed around.

Our incentives promotions are based on very specific marketing, which highlight our brand and encourage new business. We will always try our best to honour any cashback offer, as we take our marketing campaigns seriously and need to know that they are working. However in order to honour any cashback we do need to establish that you were referred by an affiliate. It does not serve our interest or those of our customers to pay for marketing and then spend time looking into reasons why this did not work, so we are confident that the sites we use have a very robust system to make sure the referral process is itself robust.

As we were unable to establish a link with any affiliate for you we have agreed a gesture of goodwill payment. This would have been offered as a resolution of any complaint however, cashback is only paid if we can see that your account was referred by an affiliate marketing website. I'm sure you will agree with me that this is a reasonable compromise in the absence of the information that we required.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks - LF

Sophie0161
Dabbler

Again I am being fobbed off, I honestly would never had gone with Plusnet had there not been a cashback offer. That was the only reason I went with you. The fact that I have had to jump through hoops to try to prove the offer was on is just ridiculous. The goodwill gesture is less than half the price of the cashback.
I can clearly see on this forum that I’m not the only one in this position, you’re not telling me they too have signed up without the offer on.
False advertising to get people to sign up. I can clearly see the offer is still on now and has been since I signed up. Wonder how many more people you are going to fool with this false offer
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Sophie0161,

No one is fobbing you off. You've signed up your account online but the offer you're quoting was not available when you signed up, it ended 5 days prior. There actually were no open cashback deals during the date period you signed up.

FYI TopCashBack and Quidco work differently and they maybe had their own deals but cashback is paid by them, not us. 

If you can provide us evidence from Money Saving Expert in the form of a screenshot or official document from them that their website showed this offer then we can see what we can do, so far you have not provided this. As a resolution we've offered you a £30 cheque which I assume you're declining, I'm afraid you won't be provided the £75 you believe you're entitled to, as a result, and as the complaint on your account is now over 30 days ago you're now free to take this further with our chosen ADR provider, Ombudsman Service here

Sophie0161
Dabbler

Yes I am being fobbed off again!!!

As previously stated many times I would never have signed up for the offer if there was no cashback, do you honestly think I’d wait till there was no offer on then sign up. The offer had been on ever since I joined and is still on now.

How can I possibly get a screen shot from over 3 months ago??? Never in a million years did I think hang in just in case this company refuses to give me the cashback I’ll take a screenshot.

I don’t see why I have to jump through hoops to prove this,

Very disappointed with this company, I only wish I had read the reviews on trustpilot before signing up, daylight robbery!!!!