cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no £75 cashback

Sophie0161
Dabbler

Still no £75 cashback

I signed up through money saving supermarket and went live early August. Was told I’d receive an email about the cashback, still not received anything.
Called Plusnet who gave me the run around, he said because I’d telephoned my order the cashback offer was not applicable. I explained I’d ordered online. He said hang on while I look into this. He came back few minutes later to say yes you did it online but when you applied the offer was not on at this time. I explained I only went with Plusnet because of the deal. I feel like I’m being fobbed off.
20 REPLIES 20
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Still no £75 cashback

Hi @Sophie0161

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

I have reviewed your account and the code against your account doesn't show cashback. 

Can you please confirm if you signed up through: 

moneysupermarket.com or moneysavingexpert.com?

Kind Regards

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Sophie0161

I have fully investigated this for you and provided an update via ticket here

Kind Regards

Sophie0161
Dabbler

A ticket to say I am still not eligible for the cashback. I am only asking for what I signed up for. I went through Plusnet because of the cash back offer that WAS on offer at the time of ordering. I shall be taking this up with the onbudsman.

Sophie0161
Dabbler

I have been in touch with Money Supermarket and they have said the offer was on at the time of purchasing and I have just lookeed on their website and the offer is still there.

When I spoke with a member of yoyr team yesterday he mentioned Money Supermarket should have sent a code. They told me this is not the case. They also told me my contract is with yourselves and it is down to you to give me the cashback.

Every time I try to contact you there is another excuse as to why I have not received the cashback. I would never have took out broadband with you had I have known it would be like this.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Sophie0161

Thanks for coming back to us.

As my colleague has advised via the ticket that we've raised, it appears that you signed up for your services directly with ourselves rather than through an affiliate. The promotional code on your account matches one that reduces the activation fee of your account (which in turn matches the reduced amount you paid up front in August). Therefore, although I appreciate you may have visited MSE's website prior to signing up, at the point where you processed your order, no cashback offer was selected and therefore no cashback is due for your account.

Best wishes

Dave

Sophie0161
Dabbler

Hi Dave

Thank you for your reply

Let me tell you how your colleagues have been with me.

The original Phone call to yourselves where I had not received the cashback I was told to wait for an email, no email received.

The second phone call your to your colleague he stated I did not qualify as I had tepephoned my order, I explained it was not the case and I had placed it online. I told him I had placed my order through Money Supermarket, he said he has not had a code from them and I needed to contact them. I did and was told that was not the case and I had to take it up with yourselves as my contract was with you.

In the mean time, my complaint was met with something to do with cookies as to why I had not received my cashback.

I did go through Money Supermarket when I placed my order and there WAS a £75 cashback offer on at the time of placing my order.

Seems to be like you are making every excuse not to give me the cashback, as previously stated I will be taking this up with the ombudsman and trading standards.

Thank you for wasting my time

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Sophie0161

I'm sorry that you've been given mixed messages in terms of your cashback - I will ensure that this is fed back to my colleagues accordingly.

Having reviewed your account again, I can see that we confirmed your contract, along with the discounted activation fee which your sign-up code included here

Do you have any confirmation from either MSE or Plusnet that the order you'd placed contained a £75 cashback offer rather than the discounted activation fee?

Best wishes

Dave

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from My Order to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Sophie0161
Dabbler

Hi again

I feel that Plusnet are trying everything possible to avoid paying me the cashback. I only signed up with them because of the cashback offer and now you are asking for proof. I have contacted MSE and I'm sure you already know that they will not have any information regarding this as it was just a link on their website.

As stated previously I only went with Plusnet because of the offer

Sophie0161
Dabbler

Both Plusnet and MSE have the £75 and the no activation fee on their website, I don't see why you are not able to sort this for me

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Sophie0161, thanks for your response.

We've checked, double checked and triple checked our historic offers and unfortunately there was not a £75 cashback offer available for the product you're on with the contract length you've taken on the day that you signed up which is why we aren't able to issue you with it.

We appreciate that this isn't the answer you were looking for today and so would advise that your next course of action would be to raise a complaint, as per our Complaints Code of Practice.

We're sorry that we're not able to assist further.

Sophie0161
Dabbler

I would never have signed up if there was not a deal for the cashback. As I have previously stated I went through with Monet supermarket. I spoke to someone on the phone who advised the offer was on for that day and I should take it up with you as I had the contract with you.

You will say you have checked over and over because I was never going to get the cashback ever. 4 separate excuses your company has come up for me not to get it, it’s a joke. Now you’re saying it’s down to me to prove the offer was on despite cashback and Free activation being clearly advertised on your own website and money supermarket.

Pointless arguing with you on here. I will take this up with trading standards.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @Sophie0161

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

Leave it with me and I'll see what we can do but I can't promise an exact resolution.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Sophie0161
Dabbler

Still no reply it’s disgusting how I have been treated, sorry I ever went with you