cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no £60 pre-paid debit card

jamieallan
Grafter

Still no £60 pre-paid debit card

We moved back to Plusnet after a year with Virgin Media. I did so in July by checking the Money Saving Expert site and following the link for unlimited fibre extra and phone for £27.99 per month with a £60 pre-paid debit card cashback. I signed up on line and as part of the process was offered the 12 month line rental saver which I took and paid upfront as part of the sign up process. I then received a synopsis of the contract which stated that from month 13 my broadband charge would rise to £20.99 and on further checking found that I'd been signed up to a 12 month contract. I immediately called Plusnet and the agent I spoke to assured me that this would be rectified as soon as the contract went live and I had no need to cancel and restart the process. The question he raised on my behalf was subsequently closed with no action taken to resolve the issue. I have spent a considerable amount of time now including 4 phone calls last Saturday - on 3 of which I was disconnected mid process. The agent I spoke to then went through the whole history and agreed a solution with his manager and raised a new question to get this processed. This morning I've checked the new question and there is an entry from yesterday that simply states

'Resolution payment rejected. Cashback offers need to be escalated via the cashback escalations.'

with no other entry to state what the next course of action is. 

I am really disappointed with the lack of customer service from Plusnet and wish I had simply cancelled my order during the 14 day cooling off period and went elsewhere. I've seen from this forum that there are other people who have had similar issues with following links from the MSE website to get a broadband deal with Plusnet. I'll be raising this issue on the mSE website to make people aware of the issues with these Plusnet offers.

4 REPLIES 4
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Still no £60 pre-paid debit card

Hi @jamieallan,

I'm sorry for the poor experience that you've had when chasing up your cashback reward and for any inconvenience that this has caused you. I can see that the advisor that you previously spoke to incorrectly raised this to our billing team and asked them to send the £60 as a refund to your bank account. This isn't the correct process as cashback queries should be raised to our marketing team so that the pre-paid debit card or cheque can be sent out (depending on which offer the customer signed up for) which is why billing have sent back that message. I'm sorry for this error and will pass on feedback.

I can see that, since making this post, you have discussed this with a different advisor and they have correctly escalated this to our marketing team so that your cashback reward can be chased up. The advisor will contact you once they've received a response, which should be within the next five working days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jamieallan
Grafter

EmilyD,

I’ve just received this response from Plusnet

'Dear Mr allan,

Thank you for your patience.

Our marketing team have got back in touch and confirmed that it is indeed Money Saving Expert who you will need to speak to in regards to the cashback offer as this is there deal not our own.

For any further assistance with your account please do not hesitate to get back in touch online via Online Chat or by phone on 0800 432 0200 however for assistance with the cash back deal it will need to be Money Saving Expert that you speak with.'

I remember the MSE page about this offer where it described in detail the faff of having to get the pre paid debit card rather than a straightforward bank transfer reward. It certainly led me to believe this money was coming from Plusnet not MSE. I'm resigned to not getting the £60 but feel I've been duped - whether by Plusnet or MSE I don't know. One thing's for sure I won't use either site again and when my Plusnet contract is up I'll look elsewhere for service.

I don't know who's responsible for the issue but I know it wasn't me. I immediately contacted Plusnet an hour after I signed up when I found I had been signed up to a 12 month deal and not the 18 month deal that I had expected. I was still within the 14 day cancellation period and could easily have cancelled and started again - in fact I stated that - but was assured there was no need to and the contract would be sorted out once my account went live. That is stated in Question 191990403 raised only an hour after my online sign up. It was acknowledged by your agent CR and then the following day by your agent ZH who even provided a promotion code reference number in his entry to this question.

'customer said he applied for the 18montth contract where he would like to pre-paid debit card for £60.00, the online website seems to have signed up to a 12 month contract instead.

Promotion code: 1920fib8015a0rc60aff'

I was therefore assured that this matter would be resolved.

The whole episode has soured my view of how Plusnet operates - it does not seem up front and honest at all. I can assure you that once my (now) 12 month contract finishes I will be looking elsewhere for my service - from hopefully a company I can trust.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @jamieallan, thanks for getting back to us. I am really sorry for the whole experience regarding this and having reviewed your account completely agree this should have been dealt with differently. I have provided a more detailed response on the open ticket for you here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jamieallan
Grafter

@LaurenB 

Thank you for your assistance.