Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still confused by bill

Sir_Lurkalot
Grafter

Still confused by bill

Hi
Queried last month why my call charges were not being taken off my credit.  Was told it had been resolved.
So why am I due to be charged £23.63 this month ?
Presuming I am already going to be charged at the new rate,
that's £11.99 phone + £11.49 BB =  £ 23.48
I have £9 + of call credit, so why am I not just being charged the two basic rentals?
This figure has reduced slightly from last month, so *some* calls are registering against the credit.
I can see these extra few pence each month, purely because I have such a low call rate.
What's to say there are not lots of people having this added to their bill ?
Username rover2000
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Still confused by bill

Hi Sir Lurkalot,
I've just had a look at your account. I'd advise having a look at your itemised bill as the credit seems to have been used up for some calls yet others have been charged for. I'll arrange a refund for you. With regards to the processing of call charges we are having a separate issue with that running behind at the moment so I'll check your calls against that data when the systems have caught up.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Sir_Lurkalot
Grafter

Hi Adam
Thanks for the prompt reply.
It would just be much more straight-forward and easier to keep check if *all* call charges were taken from any available credit,
so that the monthly DD was predictable, which is what I would prefer.  Perhaps it is something that could be looked into ?
Cheers
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sure, I'll make sure this gets some attention. I'll report back tomorrow.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I've just had a look at your account. I'd advise having a look at your itemised bill as the credit seems to have been used up for some calls yet others have been charged for.

This is the way the system is designed.
Calls are always marked as chargeable unless excess credit is available *at the time the calls were made* (as opposed to your billing date).
e.g. You make £10 worth of calls and then top up by £10. In this instance you get charged for the calls when you are billed and the credit is rolled over to the next month.
e.g. The next month you make £10 worth of calls but are £10 above your credit limit due to the previous month's top-up. In this instance you are not charged for the calls but your available credit is reduced by £10.
Does that make sense?
To be honest, I can understand why you're confused by this. Especially given the (lacking/inaccurate) explanation on this page.
I'll have a word with our content guys and get that page updated...
Edit: problem 65237 raised to correct the support page content.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Bob
To be honest, I can understand why you're confused by this. Especially given the (lacking/inaccurate) explanation on this page.
I'll have a word with our content guys and get that page updated...

Better late than never, the content on the above page has now been updated.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵