Did you mean: 

Still being over charged 3 months after new deal

FIXED
ian22red
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Still being over charged 3 months after new deal

Hi,

I swapped to a new deal in August on my Broadband entitling me to a £10 discount on my deal.  Two billing payments went by and I was still being charged the full amount.  Each time I have contacted the support desk I have been told they can't access my accounts and it will be sorted at some point.  Today I was told my "billing has been suspended and i am unable to view your billing information and history".  When I asked what that meant the web chat had already been ended.  Appreciate you have switched to a new billing system and are obviously having issues but it's now been 3 months and nobody can even tell me what the problem is, when I will get my refund and when I will start paying the correct amount.

So as always in times of need I turn to the forum where hopefully someone with the right level of knowledge and access can assist.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Still being over charged 3 months after new deal

Hello @ian22red, I am sorry for the issues you are having however I can see our billing team have your account been monitored at the moment and we will update this shortly.

ian22red
Dabbler

Thanks but I am sorry what does that actually mean?

Each time I have contacted the call centre they have told me similar things but nothing seems to progress - how long is "shortly".  Why do they need to monitor my account?  You should be able to see in your records the agreement to move to the new contract in August?

Regards

Ian

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @ian22red

I am deeply sorry for the length of time it is taking to resolve the issue with your billing.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

ian22red
Dabbler

Hi,

Now 9 Months!!

Unfortunately six months has gone by and I still have exactly the same issue that I am being over charged, nothing has been fixed and nobody seems to be able to resolve the issue.

I contacted the support team earlier in the week and was told there was nothing they  could do.  

If you haven't been able to fix the issue with your 'new' billing system after all this time then I doubt you will ever be able to.

You have the records of what was agreed at the point of renewal and you have the breakdown of what I have to pay monthly so is it not possible to apply a manual adjustment?

Since last time I no longer pay for the line saver so that I can get out of this contract as soon as possible, which I don't want to do but seems like the only option to get back what I am owned and move to a more competitive deal.

Hopefully you may be able to apply some of your vast magical skills to resolve this.

Thanks

Ian

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @ian22red, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues you have had with your service and your monthly invoices being incorrect. I've taken a look into the account for you and provided a detailed response here for you.

I hope this helps but if you need anything else just let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
ian22red
Dabbler

Fix

Thanks.  I have received notifications of a refund.  Let's hope it's all OK from now on.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back to me @ian22red.

As mentioned on the ticket I provided I'll continue to monitor this for you through to your next invoice so I can check the discounts are now going through correctly.

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Haven't these billing issues been ongoing since last September. 8 months to sort out a fix is a bit of a joke.
ian22red
Dabbler

Yes it is.

Which is why unfortunately at the end of this contract I think it is time to look elsewhere for my broadband and phone provider.  I haven't renewed my line rental saver so there will be nothing tying me to any contract.

To make matters worse PN were able to apply the full price for BT Sports at the end of the discount period but still didn't apply my broadband discount.

At least I knew to come onto the forums to try and get it resolved at last.  The agent on the Chat couldn't do anything and the only other recourse was to phone in and speak to a manager.  I've done that a couple of times and having to wait around 30 minutes to be told there is nothing they can do is even more frustrating.   

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Plusnet are a total joke. I'm glad I jumped ship and went elsewhere