cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being charged

ericdonovan

Still being charged

re support ID: 33197769
I left PN last month and am now with my new broadband provider, however I am still being charged by Plus Net, what gives? I had my mac code on 4/5/2010 but have just been charged on my credit card account again. I am also unable to remove my credit card details from your system.
What really worries me is that even though you eventually sorted out my MAC code, I never recieved a single "good bye" email, but I continue to get messages about the next payment as if nothing has ever happened.
please help?
7 REPLIES 7
ericdonovan

Re: Still being charged

If you are thinking of joining plus net you might be interested in the response I just received from my support request (which arrived within minutes, it has to be said):
Dear Mr Donovan,
Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear that there has been a problem with this. Could you please call our customer options team on 0845 140 6002 in order to get your account cancelled and any outstanding payments settled.
If you require any further assistance, please contact us at http://contactus.plus.net, or by phone on 0845 140 0200.
Kind regards,
link:csa removed

my reply:
Excuse me? why should I have to phone your 0845 number and wait in a queue which is apparently 15 min long (costing me at least 15 x 40p = £6), to fix a problem which is Plus Net's fault.

adie:red CSA name removed as per link:rules]
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

to fix a problem which is Plus Net's fault.

I know its not really of interest to you, quite rightly!,  but it's probably BT Wholesale's fault. When use use your MAC code they are supposed to inform the losing ISP when the transfer has completed. There have been a few instances where this seems to have not happened. If they don't get informed then PlusNet don't know that you have used your MAC code.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've passed feedback on regarding these agents as that's not the right response at all.
I've refunded the most recent payment and cancelled your account.
Sorry about that, and good luck with your new ISP.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Excuse me? why should I have to phone your 0845 number and wait in a queue which is apparently 15 min long (costing me at least 15 x 40p = £6), to fix a problem which is Plus Net's fault.

If you are paying 40p per minute for 0845 it's time you found a different phone provider!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Sumpong

Quote from: ericdonovan
re support ID: 33197769
I left PN last month and am now with my new broadband provider, however I am still being charged by Plus Net, what gives? I had my mac code on 4/5/2010 but have just been charged on my credit card account again. I am also unable to remove my credit card details from your system.
What really worries me is that even though you eventually sorted out my MAC code, I never recieved a single "good bye" email, but I continue to get messages about the next payment as if nothing has ever happened.
please help?

re support ID: 33489142
Same here, used my MAC code to move elsewhere on 9th June & Plus-net are still charging me.
Now they want me to phone their 0845 number which I can't do as at work & can't afford to call from home at 'call centre busy time & hold for ages.
They have my number why can't they now ring me ?  Oh yeah, they won't then make a fortune for the call if they do that.
If I have used my MAC code & moved elswhere they should stop charging my card.  Going to get on to the credit card & get a chargeback in place whilst they sort this out.
Really p###ed off, won't be rushing back to Plus-net next year if this is how they behave.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that, I've back-dated your refund to the date your service went active with your new provider which means a little over two month's subscription has been refunded to you and will show on your statement in one - three working days. Please hold off the charge back as this would ignore the refunds and would then push your account to a negative balance.
I've cancelled your account too, so you won't incur any further charges, I'm just sorry that we got to this situation. However, as noted by my colleague earlier today, we do ask on your MAC key ticket to acknowledge any final fees instead of just closing it off.
jmd
Grafter

If you look at my thread you will realise that nobody in Billing seems to know what they are doing.