cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being billed after switching to another provider

daniel4

Still being billed after switching to another provider

Hello,

I recently switched over to another provider. I notified plusnet in writing of this and that I'd like to cancel my account, which they acknowledged receipt of on the 10th of March in ticket 199824429. In the ticket they stated that they would get back to me no later than 10 working days. I haven't received a response yet.

I have cancelled my direct debit, however I am still being chased for late payments. My last payment was due on the 28th of March, along with a hefty late payment fee - surely I shouldn't have to pay this. I paid the previous month's bill which was due on the 28th of Feb, though I am uncertain as to whether I'm deserving of a refund for some of that, as I believe bills are paid in advance, not in arrears.

If someone could look into this issue that would be fantastic. I am acutely aware that the coronavirus will have undoubtedly put a strain on the services, however I'm anxious not to have the bailiffs appearing at my doorstop. Surely cancelling an account should be a simple task.

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
daniel4

Re: Still being billed after switching to another provider

Hello, could I get an update on this please?

I have tried calling customer services. After waiting half an hour, I was finally put through to an operator who couldn't hear me (but I could hear him) and who told me the phone service is having issues.