cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being billed after leaving PlusNet

leewiltshire

Still being billed after leaving PlusNet

I cancelled my services with Plusnet at the beginning of August, my final bill and cancllation charges got paid by direct debit 14th August. In September I got billed after my account should of been closed, then emails and text messages saying my services had been suspended until payment was received. I contacted someone using the ticket system and they confirmed that my final bill had been paid and they would remove the invoice and close my account. At the end of August I then started receiving more demands for payment, so I phoned Plusnet and managed to speak to someone who said they would sort it out and the bill was cleared.
It is now October and it has all started again with another bill and payment demands.
What else am I supposed to do to get this sorted?
5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Still being billed after leaving PlusNet

@leewiltshire

Welcome to the forums.

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/ and should be used as Plusnet have obviously ignored all your previous actions. 

And I would also let OFCOM know as Plusnet should not be billing you and OFCOM need to know that Plusnet are up to their old tricks which saw them fined last year. OFCOM will not help in individual cases but they will build a case from multiple consumer complaints. Details of Plusnet's past transgressions at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/plusnet-fined-880,000

And the OFCOM Complaints Monitoring page to inform them of Plusnet's total lack of regard for customer billing is at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @leewiltshire,

I'm really sorry to see you've experienced this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and raised a response via the open ticket, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
leewiltshire

Thanks for the advice, a complaint has been filled with Ofcom.
leewiltshire

Thanks for your help, hopefully it will get sorted now.
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @leewiltshire, I'm really sorry for the issues that you've had, I'd like to confirm that @SpendLessTime is right and Ofcom won't help resolve individual complaints. So whilst I appreciate you've already complained to them, I'd also like to make sure you get a resolution, with that in mind I've passed that to our complaints team who'll pick up with you shortly.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager