cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being billed after I have left PlusNet

damsonjohn
Hooked

Still being billed after I have left PlusNet

I left PlusNet on 20 August at the end of an 18 month contract using the industry standard switching process

I was then billed for the next month by PlusNet on 20 August

I queried this with PlusNet, they said the cancellation was in the system and money would be refunded when this was processed

On 29 August I was notified that the outstanding balance on my account had been cleared (eh???) and the account reactivated (eh??)

I queried this with PlusNet and they apologized and arranged a refund,

A few days later I received a refund for a random amount, less than half the amount charged on 20 August.

20 September I was advised of a new billing format and that I would be billed for the next month...

What can I do to 1) make sure this is cancelled and 2) get my money back ?

No online advisors available...

Been waiting on the phone for 30 minutes..

12 REPLIES 12
Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Still being billed after I have left PlusNet

In the first instance you should contact your bank and get the incorrect direct debit reversed as a Direct debit liability claim. It will be quicker than waiting for Plusnet to refund you.

Plusnet have prior form when it comes to ongoing billing of customers who have left them. There seems to be an ongoing systemic issue with some outbound migrations irrespective of old or new billing system.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/plusnet-fined-880,000

“There can be no margin for error, and no excuses, when it comes to billing customers correctly,” said Lindsey Fussell, consumer group director at Ofcom. “This fine should serve as a reminder to telecoms companies that they must adhere to Ofcom’s billing rules at all times, or face the consequences.

You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @damsonjohn,

Thanks for getting in touch, we are sincerely sorry to hear this. I have looked into this for you and I have responded here via the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
damsonjohn
Hooked

many thanks for picking this up, much appreciated.

damsonjohn
Hooked

HI Sammy. Good progress thanks to your intervention but I don't think the final bill is yet sorted (it might be but there is an unexplained gap between what I paid and what was refunded). I have posted an update to the ticket to try to get a line drawn under this but its still outstanding at present..

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @damsonjohn,

I'm glad to hear this! I have now created a ticket for you to view here.

damsonjohn
Hooked

aaargh!!

SadI got notified today that I will be billed  £23.49 for your service for the next month.... I left PlusNet in August...

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @damsonjohn

I am really sorry to hear this. I have updated you more on this issue via a ticket on your account here

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch should you have any further questions.

Thanks,

damsonjohn
Hooked

The good news is that I received confirmation that the service has been cancelled, and a refund.

However, I got an email notification today regarding my new bill for the upcoming period.... I'm planning to ignore it!

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@damsonjohn

3 months  to get this far is ridiculous  and even now they are still emailing you for more. 

Please report Plusnet to OFCOM as this is not how an ISP should provide customer services. And it will help others down the line.

The OFCOM Billing complaints form can be found at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing

While OFCOM will not help any individual, it will use all evidence submitted in future investigations.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@damsonjohn, I'm glad that you've received your refund and account has been cancelled. Regarding that notification you've received I'm not sure why it's gone out but I've raised a ticket with our billing team to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
damsonjohn
Hooked

Many thanks for picking up on this @Gandalf

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem.
Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet