cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still awaiting discount refund from February!

keanosmagic2003

Still awaiting discount refund from February!

Question #189302179

Started a new contract in mid Feb for Fibre Broadband and the discount hasn't been applied. Apparently a known issue but three months is beyond a joke! Why should I have to lay out the extra money until you EVENTUALLY sort out your system?

4 REPLIES 4
ricoghardforth

Re: Still awaiting discount refund from February!

I renewed my contract in December 2018 and recived an email stating my discount which was agreed on.  Last month I realised I wasn't getting any discount so I called and was told it would be applied this month and I would be given a refund for the over payments.  Just been billed again this month and still no discount or refund.  Not happy.   And the chat isn't working to complain.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hello @keanosmagic2003,

I sincerely apologise for the issue with your discounts.

As the information I need to provide you is specific to the account, I have created a ticket which you can access here. The information is with regards to the discounts being applied and we are currently investigating an issue as you have advised. I'm hoping the actions I have taken are a work around for the problem until it is resolved.

If the issue persists when your next bill is generated, please let us know on here so we can investigate further.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
ricoghardforth

Thank you the link does not appear to work at the moment so will try again later.

Anon
Pro

It is quite serious for Pnet to generate wrong bills and not do instant refunds.

You can ask for the DD to be returned to Pnet and an immediate refund given by your bank, but Pnet then penalise you with restrictions and have, according to these threads, gone further than that.

But you can complain to the people who regulate DD's and they are BACS, just Google it. If Pnet are generating bad DD's and not giving any time to check if they are correct (Pnet say once generated and notified cannot be called back) the BACS will be interested. Tell them.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.