Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still awaiting £50 Plusnet cashback email and £60 from Quidco declined

FIXED
skiller
Hooked

Still awaiting £50 Plusnet cashback email and £60 from Quidco declined

I wonder if any kind staff member could help me.

On 05/09/17 I ordered Plusnet Broadband & Phone. This offer included £50 cashback and the service went live on 20/09/17.

Having still not received any email regarding my £50 cashback, on Monday 30/10/17 I called Plusnet customer services to explain the situation and was told that the email would be sent out again and should arrive within 3 days.

On Thursday 09/11/17 (10 days since my previous phone call) I still had not received an email (and yes I've checked my junk folder!) so I called Plusnet customer services again to ask for advice. This time, I happened to mention that when I ordered, I did it via Quidco as they were offering £60 cashback on top of the £50 offered directly from Plusnet. (I checked the T&C at the time of ordering to ensure that both cashbacks were valid.) The gentleman I spoke to was adamant that I needed to chase up my £50 cashback by making a claim from Quidco. I said to him that this made no sense to me as the £50 cashback was offered directly from Plusnet and was not part of any 3rd party cashback offer (eg Quidco).

Incidentally, my Quidco £60 cashback was also "declined" and on 14/10/17 I put a claim in for that with Quidco. This was 27 days ago and I'm yet to hear from them about it, so if there's anything that can be done from the Plusnet end to speed that up that'd be great.

I would be very grateful if anyone could advise as I am feeling £110 poorer than I expected...

10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Still awaiting £50 Plusnet cashback email and £60 from Quidco declined

As far as I am aware only one of the cashback deals would be honoured by Plusnet.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. I'm taking a look into this for you now.

I'll post back soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for waiting.

I said to him that this made no sense to me as the £50 cashback was offered directly from Plusnet and was not part of any 3rd party cashback offer (eg Quidco).

Whilst Quidco is a third party, they're our affiliate and we'd validate the sale as appropriate. In this case, Quidco.

Our cashback terms point out:

Sometimes we might make different Plusnet Rewards available via different channels (for example a different Plusnet Reward might be offered if you sign-up via one of our partners to if you sign up with us directly). If you attempt to sign-up for multiple Plusnet Rewards you'll only be entitled to one reward (normally the last one that's selected) and we reserve the right to refuse to provide any Plusnet Rewards if we think you're deliberately trying to obtain multiple rewards.

I'm very sorry for the disappointment caused. From looking at your account, I can see it was signed up through the affiliate offer code, so you should receive the cashback through Quidco.

Can you let us know how the claim goes? I believe this process usually takes 30 days. If it's any longer than that, we can send this over to our Marketing team to investigate.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
skiller
Hooked

Hi Strat and Gandalf, and thank you very much for looking into this for me.

Firstly I'd just like to make it clear that I was at no point deliberately trying to obtain multiple rewards that I wasn't entitled to. I'm still of the opinion that the £60 Quidco offer was on top of the £50 Plusnet offer. I am aware that the current offer from Quidco, for example, says "Cashback from Quidco will not be paid in conjunction with any cashback direct from Plusnet". However, it is not unknown for both offers to be simultaneously valid and I could've sworn that was the case at the time of my order on 05/09/17. Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot of the offer at the time, so if you could double-check that for me, I would really appreciate it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you are saying is that whether there was a £50 Plusnet cashback offer or not, the £60 Quidco cashback offer would override any other offer. If that's the case, it contradicts what I was told by the Plusnet CS advisor who, even after I explained there were two different cashbacks in question, told me to pursue the £50 Plusnet cashback by placing a claim with Quidco quoting code 1718AFFADSLNOCB. But this isn't possible as I already have a claim with Quidco for the £60 Quidco cashback that was declined, and as far as I can see, there is no means to make an additional claim on the same purchase.

My Quidco claim will be 30 days old on Monday so I will let you know how that goes.

Thanks again. Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you are saying is that whether there was a £50 Plusnet cashback offer or not, the £60 Quidco cashback offer would override any other offer.

That's correct.

If that's the case, it contradicts what I was told by the Plusnet CS advisor who, even after I explained there were two different cashbacks in question, told me to pursue the £50 Plusnet cashback by placing a claim with Quidco quoting code 1718AFFADSLNOCB.

Apologies for the advice you were given. That code is an affiliate offer code which shows that your account was signed up through the affiliate and so you should be eligible for the £60 cashback.

Feel free to nudge me tomorrow if you don't hear back from Quidco and I'll chase this up internally.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
skiller
Hooked

Hi Gandalf.

I've not had a response from Quidco. Could you please chase this up for me?

Thanks in advance! Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've sent your account over now.

When we hear back we'll let you know. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

We've refunded your cashback instead. You should receive it within the next few days.

I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
skiller
Hooked

Many thanks, Gandalf!

Cool_smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Smiley

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet