cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP setup fee?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Static IP setup fee?

Just been looking around the portal (haven't looked properly for some time) and came across this page: PlusNet Add-Ons]
At the bottom (my bold):
Static IP
A permanent Internet IP address that's assigned to you - and only you. With a static IP you can:
    Host websites or mail servers
    Start webcasting
    Connect with others online using VPN
Configure Static IP
£5.00  Setup fee

I was surprised at this as there is no mention of a fee on the Activation page and I only stumbled upon this mention of the fee by accident.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Static IP setup fee?

I'm not sure what you mean by the "activation page" If you mean the general info re our broadband products it's deliberately not mentioned there as it is an optional add-on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mav,
I can't see anywhere this has been added to your account. I'll do a bit more digging tomorrow and see what's going on there, as the charge is definitely there but I believe only for the current products - not sure if your account having regraded from an older type (with the static IP component already active, or at least having been there) has something to do with it but I suspect it does.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I'm not sure what you mean by the "activation page" If you mean the general info re our broadband products it's deliberately not mentioned there as it is an optional add-on.

Sorry, didn't explain myself very well. I meant from the within Member Centre > Connection Setttings > Static IP.
@Matt. If there is meant to be a charge I just think it should be made clearer from within the page where you activate it. Then again, as you say, maybe it's not mentioned there as, in my case, there may be no charge levied Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still