cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split billing of broadband and calls possible?

japonicus

Split billing of broadband and calls possible?

Plusnet currently provides my phone and broadband, but I'm planning to move out and let my house to students. The estate agent has recommended including broadband in with the rent - which seems a good idea, but, for obvious reasons, I don't want to be stuck with also paying for someone else's phone calls.
Ideally I'd like to have payments for broadband and line rental in my name, but have my tenants billed separately for all non-included phone charges.  Is this something that plusnet could accommodate?
I should think that I'm not the first person to want to do this, so perhaps a solution already exists.
thanks,
Tom
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Split billing of broadband and calls possible?

Hi Tom,
I'm really sorry, but this isn't something that we can do. The functionality simply doesn't exist. Why not factor the cost of the phone/broadband service into how much you would charge them for the rent?
It's actually also the first time that I've seen this request.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Given the possibility of the students running up very high call charges then not paying for them I would recommend adding outward call barring.
Unfortunately it appears that this isn't something Plusnet offer so you may have to move the phone line rental to BT who do http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110638.0.html
James
Grafter

To be honest, it's more likely they would use their mobile phones.
We can set up outbound call barring if required.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Is this no longer correct then
Quote from: Matt
Hi there,
It is possible but is only something we'd be willing to do in exceptional circumstances I'm afraid, and not for long periods of time. Any chance you could advise why it's required and how long you'd want it to be on the line for?
James
Grafter

It's basically the same case.
We can place an order for it to be turned on, but we cannot guarantee it remaining on as sometimes our billing automation could potentially remove it.