cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splash Page

luk
Grafter

Splash Page

A lot has happened since the last time I visited the forum, but many of the same issues still arise which is a disappointment.

Many days after the billing date for this month, worth noting that I have received absolutely no correspondence at all from the billing system this month, it would appear that my account has hit failed billing again.  I'm not sure if changes have been made to the backend, but I can certainly confirm that following the investigations I conducted as part of my previous experience, I have made changes to the way the router functions.

To cut a long story short, it would appear that the splash page is now trying to load, but there are clearly still issues which are confusing to say the very least.

So I got this screen to start with, and given that I haven't asked for any restrictions to be lifted thus far this month, I can only assume that the splash page has appeared incorrectly?  Maybe you're taking payments again on time and automatically?

failed-billing-no-invoice-240919.png

Thinking something can't be right here, I refreshed the page and got this

oops-failed-billing-240919.png

Is this the acknowledgement screen without anything to acknowledge?

Obviously that's not right, so I refreshed again and got this

failed-billing-no-invoice-240919.png

Same screen as the first splash page.

Now I'm confused.  What's happening?

16 REPLIES 16
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Splash Page

Hi @luk

I have checked over your account and can't see any outstanding bills. 

Is this still ongoing? 

Kind Regards

luk
Grafter

Many thanks for looking into this for me @OllieC
It looks like it was possibly a momentary blip in the system as everything is working normally at present.
I will keep an eye on it and will report back should any further issues arise.
In the meantime though, I remain happy as a customer, and it's great to see that despite the upset and frustration felt here over the months, there does appear to be positive progress behind the scenes currently in terms of fixing these issues.
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for getting back to me @luk

I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening. 

Kind Regards

Ollie 

luk
Grafter

Progress! Exactly one year after my billing problems began with plusnet, today a different procedure has been added to my account by way of helping to reduce congestion to the call centre.

So here's what happens now:

I received an email to inform me that there has been a problem taking payment. I have 14 days from the email being received to make a payment in order to avoid any restrictions being applied. Failure to pay could result in late payment admin fees being applied.

Here's the new bit – no splash page or restrictions on day one, instead if I log into the member centre, I am then presented with the splash page to inform of the failed payment – and here's the good bit, I then have two options – 1) try to make a payment using the details held on file (or) 2) enter an alternative payment method to process a manual payment to clear the outstanding balance on the account.

Excellent. Okay, so option 1 didn't work for me as it generated an error, so instead I tried option 2 using the exact same details plusnet already have held on file, and that worked. Payment was processed, confirmation email was received.

Bringing back the option to submit a manual payment online is a huge step in the right direction, and I am grateful for this, and I am sure the contact centre must be relieved too as this will hopefully reduce the number of people phoning in due to a failed payment billing issue.

Things worthy of note – after payment was processed and confirmed, more or less every attempt to load pages on the member centre generated the failed billing splash page, so there's obviously a delay in removing this restriction, but that's all it is, it seems, just a delay in catching up. And, secondly, I still haven't been able to amend the primary payment details plusnet have on file, any attempt to do this generates an error. I would like to re-enter the details again to try and avoid any future failed payments, so please can a team member look into making this possible on my account.

The other thing I would like to add is, last month it would appear that no invoice or failed billing warning was issued. I reached out to the community forum, and I was told there was no outstanding payment due on the account. For the record, today I have been charged for two months, so I don't know if there was a miscommunication there? Please see: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Splash-Page/m-p/1674482/highlight/true#M43985

So, I think we're now some way forward to finally being able to mark this as resolved. If and when the primary payment details can be updated, and the account returns to automatically collecting payment each month, we'll be there. I'm eager to click that magic 'This fixed my problem' box.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @luk 

Looking at your account, I can't see any payment notice/reminder for September, you are right. i'm really sorry about that! 

I'll raise this internally and see if I can find out why that didn't happen, as well as the payment details issue.

Kind Regards, 

MoR

luk
Grafter

You know what they say, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is! Sadly last month's pleasantly improved billing experience wasn't replicated this month. Once again the billing system has, seemingly, failed me as a customer. The bill was correctly generated, but that's about it. There wasn't a splash page, there wasn't an option to manually pay, there's no evidence or receipt to suggest payment was taken automatically, there was no text message or email, and even now I'm still unable to update my primary payment details. So that means I've most likely got to pay double, again, next month - a reoccurring issue on my account, it would seem. Why does this keep happening? I'm far from happy with this experience. I suppose the only good thing is the account doesn't appear to have implemented failed billing procedures this time, but I am receiving a service, and I do expect to pay if you let me. I think I have been fair and reasonable throughout, but I just want this resolved now in one way or another. This cannot be allowed to continue into 2020 as I currently dread Plusnet billing date every month now; I simply don't want to carry that undue stress into next year. The broadband service itself is fantastic, I can't fault that, but the billing experience since October 2018 has been a nightmare, a huge inconvenience and a major disappointment.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

HI @luk, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear that this has re-occurred, despite seemingly being resolved.

I've spoken with @MasterOfReality (who unfortunately has now moved departments) and he advises me that he never received a response from the back office team he emailed querying the issue and so I'll need to raise this again.

I've an update with regards this bill and so have just sent you this ticket.

Please let me know here if you respond to the ticket and I'll get onto it as soon as can.

luk
Grafter

As per your request, I am writing today to confirm that I have, indeed, responded to the open ticket.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks @luk.

I've just responded confirming that as it's resolved I've closed the ticket.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

luk
Grafter

It would be nice if it was resolved, but it seems that you're still unable to take payments automatically via the primary payment method on the billing date. No splash page, restrictions to services or notification just yet, but the invoice on the billing page suggests there's still an amount outstanding. The closed ticket contained an internal note stating "This account will be impacted by IMT-5323, and any updates will be provided there (it's not something Billing Ops can resolve)." Perhaps IMT-5323 is the cause of the problem? But as I don't know what that is, I can't comment. As a first step, I would be grateful if someone can take look into the status of my account, verify the invoice is correct and that there is still an error somewhere with the billing process on my account and let me know what's going on. Is it last month's issue which has caused the outstanding amount to be owed, or has payment failed to be taken again? The information available to me is quite vague and I would like to better understand what's going on before deciding what steps to take next.

Updated to add: On closer inspection, it would appear although the next billing date has jumped forward to January 2020, a current invoice for this month has yet to be generated. So, fingers crossed, hopefully there won't be a problem. That said, there's no record of payment on the system just yet so if someone can check, and offer a bit of insight as to what the IMT code refers to, if just to put my mind at ease, hopefully we can get this resolved.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ luk,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query and am happy to explain. Apologies if the information you have been given is quite vague.

The IMT refers to Incident Management Team, part of our IT department and the code you refer to is essentially a problem tracking number that allows them to keep track of the billing issue that was affecting your account. The Billing Team will not be able to resolve anything that is IT related, as they are essentially an accounting team only.

I've had a look at your account and can see you have card details set up for payment, but no Direct Debit. As today is the billing date I should expect an invoice to become available at some time today, however a quick check shows it has not yet been produced. This explains why your next bill date is showing as being in January.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

luk
Grafter

The December bill and invoice has now been generated, and unfortunately there is still an outstanding balance due, so sadly and frustratingly it seems the billing issue is still present on my account.
luk
Grafter

I am really disappointed that after all this time, and nearly endless correspondence, this issue still hasn't been satisfactorily resolved. For an issue which started for me in October 2018, and still no resolution in sight, I am feeling incredibly let down by Plusnet now. After the much improved experience in October this year, I was really hoping that things were finally moving forward in a positive way, but that really was a one off experience. How will you resolve this in going forward? Can I pay by cheque? If you really can't get this right, isn't about time you suspended billing on my account until such a time as this can be remedied?
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @luk,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know of the December invoice generation.

I've checked over the account and provided a more detailed response over a complaints ticket for you here.

Thanks.