What speed tester are you referring to?
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Re: Speed tester

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just tried it and had an odd but pleasing result. Speed 3142kbps on RIN with an IP rate of 3000kbps
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: Bob
The new one at http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/

I'm seeing a different one in 'connection settings'. Where is it located?
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
The new one at http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/

I'm seeing a different one in 'connection settings'. Where is it located?

Just click on ----
http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/
and you will find it. Grin
Mand
Grafter

The new speedtester will replace the old one in the forums soon, as per this blog post a while ago.
I'll give the relevant people a nudge and see if we have a date for the go-live.
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Mandy,
Thanks for the reply, I note that the blog you indicated said that the old speedtester didn't take account of some of the later firewalls etc.
I have found that the new speedtester doesn't like the ZoneAlarm Security Suite that I use, which is version 7.0.362.000.
When I turn off the ZoneAlarm all seems OK and the speedtaster seems to be alright. I'm afraid that I'm not clever enough to change the firewall settings to make it fit and I might mess up everything by operating in the dark. 
I'm sorry if I shouldn't have been trying the new speedtester, in fact I can't remember how I found it.
When PlusNet brings it into service I hope it will be heralded with some sort of announcement which is easily found by everyone and not just the experts.
In the meantime will anyone be able to tell me what to do with the ZoneAlarm. ------- careful now!!!!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I don't have the full ZoneAlarm Security Suite, just the Firewall freebie which is version 7.0.337.000.  I've not had any problems with accessing and using the new speedtester.
I do have my router IP address (and in fact the whole DHCP client range) in the Trusted Zone.  Whether that is needed I'm not sure, I entered this so my computers could speak to each other unhindered.
I use AVG free antivirus.
David
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
I don't have the full ZoneAlarm Security Suite, just the Firewall freebie which is version 7.0.337.000.  I've not had any problems with accessing and using the new speedtester.
I do have my router IP address (and in fact the whole DHCP client range) in the Trusted Zone.  Whether that is needed I'm not sure, I entered this so my computers could speak to each other unhindered.
I use AVG free antivirus.

Thanks for the reply  Grin
As I tried to indicate I'm a little ignorant--------
Would you be able to tell me how to do what you've done please?
Thanks.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Would you be able to tell me how to do what you've done please?

Assuming the interface is similar for the full program suite.
Click on Firewall in the left-hand column.
This shows a Main tab where the top slider (Internet Zone Security) is set to High, and the lower slider (Trusted Zone Security) is set to Medium.
Click the second tab Zones to show settings applicable for each of the Internet and Trusted zones.
Click the Add>> button (bottom right) to add settings and select IP Range in the drop-down list.
In the dialogue that opens up, Zone should be Trusted, the first IP Address 192.168.1.1, second IP Address 192.168.1.100 (or whatever IP range your router uses).  Entering Router DHCP Clients as the Description is suggested unless you prefer a different one.
David
decomplexity
Rising Star

Hmmm...we use ZA Security Suite V7 on some of our PCs and the only change we needed to make was to put *.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk into the browser's Trusted Sites list. I don't think we made any config changes to ZA itself - put perhaps your ZA config is more restrictive than ours.
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017