cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special offer should be £12, but email says £31.99

RadioFox
Grafter

Special offer should be £12, but email says £31.99

My current special offer on Unlimited Fibre Extra ends on 20th August. Just looked on website & I was greeted with another offer of £12 if I were to commit to another 18 month contract. i went through with the offer, only to receive an email saying that my special offer is £31.99 for 18 months, starting on 10th August, reverting to £40.98 after that!

My line rental saver doesn't expire for another 5 or 6 months.

It looks like I'm being charged for 2 accounts?

Come to think of it, it looks more like I'm being charged for line rental plus special offer (£19.99 + £12 = £31.99), despite the email clearly saying that "When your Line Rental Saver contract expires, you'll also start paying £19.99 monthly line rental." 

6 REPLIES 6
RadioFox
Grafter

Re: Special offer should be £12, but email says £31.99

I can't even go back & check the offer on the website any more. If I go to my account summary & click on "view order status" for the order number dated 07/08/20, it brings up details of a completely different order, from when I first ordered ADSL back in 2015!

When I go to the "Offers & Upgrades" page, I cannot even review my current products as I get the message "An error has occurred You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress." The "review all products" button is greyed out. I'm not trying to change anything. I just want to see what I have subscribed to!

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@RadioFox 

Go to https://www.plus.net/member-centre/account then choose Manage Account, then Help Assistant then View all questions asked

There should be a question that sets out the info on your new contract.

Dave

RadioFox
Grafter

Thanks for reply daveplus. Didn't know about that page. I've never looked at it before because it sounds like some type of FAQ page.

I'm afraid it didn't tell me any more than I already know. The entry for the 7th is a copy of the email they sent with the £31.99 price. The 4 entries for today tell me that my Invoice Period changed from monthly to monthly, that my user account type changed from Unlimited Fibre Extra to Unlimited Fibre Extra & that bandwidth usage has been reset. The 4th entry is a copy of the email I was sent this morning telling me that my broadband product change is complete. I thought they would have waited until my current 18 month contract expired on 20th.

I can't belive that there's nowhere on the website where I can get the pricing details of my offer. My home page simply says "Fixed Price", & when I "review all products" on the "offers & upgrades" page it shows the out of contract full price of £20.99.

I notice that on the home page the exclusive offer to renew my contract has returned. Clicking on that shows the offer that I accepted on Friday (£20.99 - £8.99 for 18 months). It does look like they have included line rental in the price (£19.99), but I have line rental saver until next February, so can't understand why I'm being charged for line rental again.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Hi @RadioFox 

The new contract will start on the next bill date.

You should phone and choose the "thinking of leaving" option if you want to nail the price down.

Dave

Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I have filed the same question as I signed up today at £12 ish (title Renewal of Contract)

As I understand it the Annual Line Rental I have paid (runs till October) will be deducted off that £31.99 and will therefore leave £12ish to pay until October

Then - I can choose to pay Line Rental annualy again or have the monthly fugure bolted on to the £12 ish

That is what I have asked though

Cheers bamboozled

RadioFox
Grafter

Hi Bamboozled. Yep. Hopefully the £19.99 will be deducted from the actual bill. Would be good if that could actually be confirmed by Plusnet on these forums. If not, I'll try ringing them tomorrow.