cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry You're Leaving ! Help i Don't Want To Go!

emmahallett7
Dabbler

Sorry You're Leaving ! Help i Don't Want To Go!

Hi, can you help please. I received a message saying Sorry you're leaving another provider is taking over your service. Well i have not asked or autherised this. So i call support and they say yes your leaving, where am i going i ask "Sorry not allowed to tell you that"

What nonsense is this? i have not asked anyone to do this. How do i get it stopped?

Please help!

19 REPLIES 19
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Sorry You're Leaving ! Help i Don't Want To Go!

@emmahallett7 Was this an email or text? And so long as you had verified your credentials, I can't believe that they were unable to give you that information. It is just possible that someone has transposed a phone number on the system, I have heard of this, but it should have a remedy.

@Gandalf -Any chance of a look-see?

John
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@emmahallett7  Did you tell Plusnet you are not leaving and that they should cancel any takeover. I thought that was what the message is about so you can stop an incorrect order being placed on your line.

jab1
Legend

Good point, @RealAleMadrid .

John
emmahallett7
Dabbler

Yes i told them i didn't want to leave and they said there was nothing they could do as it had been started by another provider and as i said they would not tell me who it was.

Hopefully the forum moderators will be able to help.

jab1
Legend

@emmahallett7 Interesting. Looks like this 'other provider' has entered a wrong phone number then.  I have tagged one of the good Plusnet Help Team, but he hasn't picked it up yet, and he's not in tomorrow, so I'll see who is about early in the morning and try and get their attention.

The moderators won't be able to help, they are only volunteers and customers like you and I.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Lots of things do not sound right - are you sure it was plusnet that you spoke to? Did you call the number on the message/letter - if so what is it?

emmahallett7
Dabbler

Here is the email. It has the correct username and phone number.

emmahallett7
Dabbler

They have even opened a support ticked. But will not tell use who is taking the service. Picture attached.

emmahallett7
Dabbler

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

I have just done a search and found a few similar examples, which in the past PN staff have sorted things - hopefully they will do so again.

jab1
Legend

I'll keep poking, as the HT don't seem to visit here that often, but I have had some success in the past.

John
jab1
Legend

Might not work, but worth a try

@MatthewWheeler - any chance?

John
emmahallett7
Dabbler

After another phone call. They said sorry it's all a mistake your not leaving, Sorry! Great i thought, then today another email SORRY that your leaving. Realy? their not that sorry. Back on the phone again i guess (:>

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I've just had a look into it and can see another request came through from Vodafone to take over the service from us, I've cancelled that off for you as it was unsolicited and would recommend getting in touch with them to make sure they don't continue to place such orders.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team