cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry Folks. Just not feeling the love. Service is shambolic at best.

FIXED
Orac

Sorry Folks. Just not feeling the love. Service is shambolic at best.

Hi Folks. PlusNet newbie here. I was looking forward to PlusNet's legendary quality support but as the following reveals, I'm just not seeing it...

In February I signed up for Plusnet 37Mb Fibre adding evening and weekend calls and paying up front
for 12 months line rental via line rental saver. After things were processed I was given a start date
of 1st March.

25/2: Received my Hub One in good time. Good job, thought I. Maybe Plusnet will be efficient and be the
broadband company I've been hoping for. Sadly, to date that was the first and last thing they did right.

29/2: Got my first hint that Plusnet's left and right hand may not be connected to the same nervous
system when I received and email telling me that my hub was dispatched today and to allow 3 days for
delivery. Firstly, It arrived sometime before that. Secondly allowing 3 days the day before the
service was due to go seemed optimistic if it hadn't been.

1/3: My line was indeed connected to fibre. Unfortunately the numpty from Openreach crossed my line with
someone else's in the process. Spent 45 minutes on hold to talk to Plusnet's award-winning support and was
given a date of 3/3 for it to be fixed.

3/3: Numpty from Openreach did sod all and marked the problem as fixed. It wasn't.

Spent another age getting through to Plusnet's AWS who rejected the Openreach flag but wasn't forthcoming
on a plan to actually fix things.

4/3: Other half of the crossed line had the engineer out who fixed his problem and, as a side-effect,
mine too.

Notified Plusnet that the problem was now fixed. Also raised the issue of a refund for loss of service
and said I didn't expect to be charged for any calls I couldn't have made between 1st and 4th March, inclusive.

7/3: Was told what refund I was due and told to expect it in 7-10 business days. Was also told that
no calls had been made and therefore there would be no need to refund those.

Refund never arrived. Calls? see below.

1/4: Received a notification email that a direct debit would be made. The figure was rather larger than
I was expecting. Checking my bill online showed that I had been charged line rental. So much for Line Rental
Saver.

Spent an age getting through to Plusnet's AWS on chat. Was told that a refund would be made after they
received the funds. And indeed it was, so at last they did something right. Or did they?

Further scrutiny of the bill showed that I had indeed been charged for calls made between 1/3 and 4/3 which
I was previously told didn't exist.

Another age getting through on chat - was told that these calls would be refunded. Still waiting, reasonable to
assume now that this ain't gonna happen without further poking.

1/5: Received a notification email that a direct debit would be made. You guessed it. Again it includes line rental
I've already paid for. So support didn't think to make sure that the problem which occurred the previous
month was fixed. Sigh!

Noticed that the goodwill tank is now drained and I'm done spending ages quietly firefighting Plusnet's [-Censored-]-up
du jour. Sadly, it's time to go public and start making formal complaints.

Very disappointed.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Sorry Folks. Just not feeling the love. Service is shambolic at best.

Sorry for the problems you've experienced. Give me a little time to look over your account and I'll get back to you shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Orac

Many thanks. I would really appreciate it.

Chris
Legend

Fix

Rather than post the full reply in here, as it contains billing amounts etc, I've created a ticket on your account with my investigation and what I intend to do to resolve this. You should get an email about this shortly and you can view the ticket here.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Orac

Read and understood, Chris. That's the sort of service I've been hoping for.

You're a star.

Cheers

Chris
Legend

I'm sorry it got to this stage, I'll keep the ticket with me until I can arrange the refunds as promised.