cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somethings wrong with the referral system

juliasdream
Grafter

Somethings wrong with the referral system

I have already made numerous referrals and in most cases I have been there with the person whilst filling in their details and always made sure that my username was entered as referer.
For good measure I have an email referral sent to the person as well
However, in spite of my efforts the last referral I made didn't go through
I knew that the person I referred was up and running and could see their email address registered on my referral page
I raised a ticket and thought that would solve it but it didn't go so easy
It took several messages back and forth between myself and plusnet and I had to involve the person I referred asking her to also raise a ticket to put things right.
Sending an email referral should have been enough. You'd expect that the system would pick it up. Clearly in this case it didn't
That means that if I send an email referral to everyone I know from then on I have no idea whether or not any of them slid through the cracks in the system and if or not I am getting all that is due to me.
I'm also not clear when to expect my referral bonuses
I have made a number of referrals over the last months and haven't yet received the bonuses
One became active on 07/09/07
another on 2/10/07 also with phone activation
and another on 15/10/07
I have received the 25p and 50p awards each month but none of the £10 to £30 extra bonuses promised
3 REPLIES 3
LiamM
Grafter

Re: Somethings wrong with the referral system

The email referrals only apply if the recipient clicks the link in the email and subsequently signs up.
gary
Grafter

The £10 to £30 amounts will only be applied 3 months from the time when they became active, its part of scheme/offer and in the terms.
Also, the referral system, if sent by email is cookie based so if you sent an email to someone and they since deleted their cookies or changed to another browser (lots of other things can happen too) then it might slip through the net.
If any are dropped though it should be pretty easy to get it re-added. As far as I am aware all our CSC team asks for is a ticket on the referring account and a ticket on the referred account confirming the referral, then they should add it without prejudice
Did this not happen as such?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

As one who does get the referral fee, have you checked in the members centre, left hand side, current referrals, this gives the status of all your valid referral, I have one that was set up two years ago but never used, still on the list as such, hence no fee, the other I get it, but only after the other user has paid there one month fee, the bonus is paid after 90 days, via a direct payment to your bank, (after it has been through a tortuous route thro \Internet towers), they only do a bulk settlement once a month.,, you get the 25p per referral every month as a rebate off your bill