cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone's trying to move my phone line without my consent

andrewmadle

Someone's trying to move my phone line without my consent

Good afternoon,
I currently have my BB and LandLine supplied by PlusNet and am very happy with both, however; I've just received an email reminding me of the consequences of moving my land line from PlusNet to a new provider, and that i have until the 24th December to change my mind ... the problem is: i'm not trying to move it, I believe a (new) neighbour is trying to take over the line in the property they've just moved in to (we live in a building of 4 flats) but for some reason their orders are being placed on our land line.
I had one of these emails a few weeks back, phoned Customer Services and had the migration cancelled with no fuss but is there anything I can do to prevent other people from trying to place orders on my line in future? im not keen on spending an hour on hold each time one of these emails comes in.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Someone's trying to move my phone line without my consent

Hi Andrew,
Not really without knowing any further information I'm afraid.
I can't see which supplier has been trying to take over your phone line, which has happened twice in the last 8 days.
If you speak to Ofcom, they should be able to tell you who it is.  Once you have found out, let me know and if I have a contact at that ISP (I have in most of the big ones), then I'll get in touch with them to ask them to stop doing it Smiley
andrewmadle

Cheers James, i'll get in touch with Ofcom then.
just out of interest, do i still need to give CS a call to get this migration cancelled, or has that been taken care of already? Smiley
Thanks,
Andy
James
Grafter

I'll make sure it's sorted Andy.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Knock on 3 doors and find out who, then they can get who ever to stop.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November