cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Boadband and billed for Broadband - broadband not available at the premises.

Seano

Sold Boadband and billed for Broadband - broadband not available at the premises.

I have recently discovered that my elderly parents have been paying for broadband package from PlusNet for over a year.

Problem is that they live so far from the exchange there is no way that they are able to get Broadband via the landline - this has been confirmed on numerous occasions by BT.

Can someone please let me know how I go about getting them a full refund and also help me understand how PlusNet were able to sell broadband to a home that was not able to access broadband?

Sean

10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Sold Boadband and billed for Broadband - broadband not available at the premises.

Hi Sean,

A warm welcome to the forums. This needs one of the staffers to catch this query and they will need to know your parent’s user name or address & postcode to locate the account. Thereafter due to Data Protection there might be some sensitivity over discussing the matter with you, BUT one would hope that they can go investigate the account and get in touch with your parents.

@Gandalf one of the best advisors around here, was still online 10 minutes ago. You can send him a private message by clicking his tag at the start of this paragraph and selecting the send message option from his profile page.

Alternatively you can ring the general support number and select the “I’m thinking of leaving” option and that team should be able to assist. I believe they close at 8pm.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Seano

Re: Sold Boadband and billed for Broadband - broadband not available at the premises.

Townman,

Thanks for the reply - will make contact.

Sean

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Sean.

I'm sorry to hear this. If you can send me a private message with their username/address/landline phone number I'll be happy to investigate.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Seano

Gandalf,

Thanks for the reply - PM sent.

Sean

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks.

Due to data protection I'm afraid I can't share any information with yourself but I've raised a ticket on the account with more information

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Sean,

As I suspected … data protection!

A ticket being raised on the account will have generated an email to the account holder.  It should contain a link to the ticket, it may have the full text of the ticket.  Accessing the ticket will require access to the user portal (username & password required).  In the first instance the 'after logon' page will provide a direct link to the ticket.  After that they can be hard to find - the 'PN Tickets' link below will take you direct to them.

HTH?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Seano

Folks,

been sitting with my dad today and we are unable to get access to his account.

we have tried resetting his password and all we are getting is account doesn’t exist.

using correct usernames and passwords.

grateful if someone could contact my dad directly by email so we can get this resolved.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Seano,

As much as I hate to direct you away from the forum, I think in this instance a telephone call is probably the only viable option.

Could you please ask your Dad to contact us on 0800 328 4624 and we'll get him through secondary security and be able to both answer your original query and provide the username for future reference?

We're more than happy for you to make the call and to speak to us after the point where security has been undertaken by the account holder (he can add you to the account as an authorised user), though if it does come down to account cancellation this will need to be done directly with your Dad.

Apologies that I couldn't assist via the forums but DPA in this case makes further back and forth on an open forum impractical and/or problematic from a data security perspective. 

Best wishes,

Dave

Seano

Dave,

thanks we we will get in touch 

sean

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

If that does not work for you, by all means come back to see if the social team can find a different way of handling this.