cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated with Plusnet

jonnywilloughby

So frustrated with Plusnet

Plusnet...the internet company who can't be reached via the internet! Says it all really.
I left Plusnet just six weeks after joining due to awful internet connection, sky-high bills and extremely poor customer service. Even paying the early termination fees were better than staying.
However, Plusnet refuse to let me go. I am still getting emails asking me to update my payment details. They also state that I have decided to keep the telephone service - I have not.
As a consumer journalist I feel a bit stupid because I didn't follow one of my golden rules. If a company makes it hard for you to contact them, they've probably got something to hide.
My numerous calls to the helpline and proved ineffectual. I have searched the internet high and low for an email to customer service, with no success.
Today I have resorted to good old fashioned pen and paper to ping a letter to Sheffield, in the hope someone will listen.
Does anyone  know if Plusnet have an email address?
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: So frustrated with Plusnet

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about these issues.
They also state that I have decided to keep the telephone service - I have not.
I just wanted to clarify this first, I've checked your account and the email refers to broadband phone rather than the actual landline service. Broadband phone is free and it is retained for anyone that cancels, we do appreciate that the wording of the message could be clearer and that is due to be updated in the near future.
Having looked further at the history of the account I can see that any payments are up to date and that the account is set to cancel before the next billing date.
Today I have resorted to good old fashioned pen and paper to ping a letter to Sheffield, in the hope someone will listen.

We certainly will, from our point of view the issue should be resolved now but we will certainly address anything that you've put to us in writing.
Does anyone  know if Plusnet have an email address?

As you may have guessed there isn't one. This is deliberate and isn't done to stop people for contacting us. Email is unaccountable and isn't tied in to your account records which is the main reason we don't have that an have contact us and the CSC helpline as our main channels of support.
Let me know if there are any other aspects of this you might want me to look into.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team