cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smaller payments coming out of bank. Not showing up on Pnet account payment history page.

FIXED
Jopes
Dabbler

Smaller payments coming out of bank. Not showing up on Pnet account payment history page.

Hi

My monthly broadband bill is £24.99 but I've noticed that in December a separate payment for £4.36 came out of my bank account and today, aside from the most recent monthly payment of £24.99, another payment of £6.77 came out. I've checked my payment history on my account but neither of these smaller payments are showing up (only the £24.99 payments are showing) so I'm not sure what they're supposed to be for. Is there any way I can get an explanation of what they're for please? All the payments appear to have a reference number that starts with "Pnet".

Thanks

Jopes

11 REPLIES 11
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Smaller payments coming out of bank. Not showing up on Pnet account payment history page.

Hiya @Jopes, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry for the concern caused with your bills and will get this sorted for you.

I have taken a look into what has caused this and have provided a more detailed response on this and the steps I am taking to resolve here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=220901119

Please do let me know if you have any further queries at all.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Smaller payments coming out of bank. Not showing up on Pnet account payment history page.

Hi Lauren,

Without going into particulars, for the benefit of anyone else encountering a similar issue, what circumstances give rise to the charges reported?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Townman

Hard to say if I'm not going into detail but as examples:

• If we only charge for one part of the subscription, i.e. broadband not line rental. This could be due to a house move, if one service activates first significantly before the other
  • We could have applied an agreed credit on an account which is consumed by future bills
  • If the service activates on a date which we don't generate bills on, we'll move the bill date then generate a pro-rata bill to cover the days between the service activating and the date we've moved the bills to, because the up front payment from signup would cover for a period of time from the new date rather than the activation date
  • There may be call charges or termination fees on a bill
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Anoush, but one would expect those to show in the billing system. The OP suggested that their debits did not.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That'd entail going into detail about the circumstances of their account(s) which I can't do publicly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jopes
Dabbler

I have received confirmation that these smaller payments are going to be refunded but, alarmingly, I also received an email entitled "about your cancellation request." I have made no cancellation request (I have only posted this thread on here). The email said "the cancellation will take place on 6th January 2022" and I have woken up this morning with no internet access which I urgently need as I work from home.

I'm not sure what's happened here but I need to be able to access the internet as soon as possible. I am seeing this when trying to connect:

Screenshot_20220107-075300_CaptivePortalLogin.jpg

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Oh my!  That sounds like a process failure ... I hope that in these circumstances there is an emergency back out process to reinstate the service ... rather than the typical 10 day re-provision process we've seen in similar scenarios previously.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

The Internet status showing as connected suggests the line is still active but the router is stuck in the default setup mode. Try going to advanced settings then connect using your username@plusdsl.net and your account password then hit the connect button. 

Let us know how it goes. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

"The email said "the cancellation will take place on 6th January 2022"

Hi Anoush,

I guess not being in the office, you cannot comment on if the cancellation email is just coincidental to the userID having being reset in the router or is in fact the cause?

Appreciate that you are fielding this in your own time from home prior to your shift.

Jopes
Dabbler

Thanks @Anoush

After resetting the router a couple of times (as I was getting a message that said something along the lines of 'only 100 sessions at a time. please try again when open sessions have ended') I followed your instructions and it seems to have worked. I'm now connected again to Plusnet which is good. 

So it seems everything is now resolved (smaller amounts being refunded and now reconnected to broadband). Thanks for your help everyone.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Jopes

Excellent, I'm glad to see you're able to get online again.

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet