Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slightly odd referral value ??

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Slightly odd referral value ??

A family member signed up today, moving from the dreaded TT!
Referrals appeared on my account OK with 'queued-activate' status, but the 'value' for Esssentials is showing as £0.00, surely it should be £0.50 ?
***** Plusnet Essentials 22/07/13 N/A N/A £0.00 0 £0.00 queued-activate
***** Plusnet Anytime International 300 22/07/13 N/A N/A £0.50 0 £0.00 queued-activate

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

14 REPLIES 14
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slightly odd referral value ??

Hi MisterW,
It looks like that could be due to a known problem. Drop me a PM with the username/a ticket ID if you want me to dig further.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Adam, PM sent.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Adam,
Well something's changed but not for the better I'm afraid :(. The Essentials referral value is still showing £0 ( but is now active ) but the Anytime International has now disappeared completely. Do I need to raise a formal ticket ?

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
You shouldn't do, no - the essentials referral should generate credit when their first month payment goes through, at present it's just the initial fee that's happened so there's been nothing to generate. That should update when that first month goes through.
As for the phone side of things, there's a ticket with our provisioning team to update the components on that account - when that's done it should reappear.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Matt.
That should update when that first month goes through
I'll bow to your superior knowledge here but to my mind I would have expected it to show 0.0 in the total but 0.50 in the value. The phone side certainly showed 0.50 in the value initially, until it disappeared that is...
there's a ticket with our provisioning team to update the components on that account
You mean the referred account ? I hope that doesn't mean things are going pear-shaped with the migration ?. It's a move from TT LLU so I would have expected BB and phone to move simultaneously. The brother in law  will never speak to me again if it goes wrong Smiley 

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's more the knowledge of the billing team to be fair, they're who I asked - and I did question the value which should apparently update as soon as an actual payment (or token transfer, however it's best phrased) has been created.
I did indeed mean the referred account, I believe it's just to make sure everything's been added correctly. If it doesn't show by the weekend then there may be some issues, I'll try and remember to take a look early next week and make sure things have changed for you and chase them if not.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks again Matt. I can safely give the brother in law a call then, without getting verbal abuse along the lines of  'about this broadband and phone transfer you recommended'  Grin

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Matt,
Spoke to him this evening and the transfer seems to have gone without a hitch ( touch wood ). Smiley  He's very pleased so far. There was a ticket on the account about 17:00 saying 'activate hp component', provide order complete. Which I guess is home phone being activated on his account as the result of BT completing the line transfer from TT. BB appears to have been activated earlier.
He had some problems reconfiguring his outgoing email server from TT to PN, but we soon sorted that over the phone.
Thanks again for chasing things up and I'll check next week and if my referrals haven't updated I'll give you a nudge.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Excellent news Smiley The phone component isn't yet active but that should get picked up today (don't worry though, it won't stop the phone from working Smiley ) and as I said that should re-add the referral to your account - if not I'll try and fudge things for you.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Matt. There should be another migration from TT in the near future, assuming there are no problems with his transfer, the brother in law is planning to move his mother over from TT as well in the next week or so.
edit:
and as I said that should re-add the referral to your account
Yes, he got another response this afternoon to the ticket on the account viz  'Thank you for getting in touch, I have now fixed the issue with your phone' . Really confused him, he didn't know he had a problem Smiley That seems to have re-added the phone component to my referrals. We just need to see now if the Essentials referral value sorts itself out after the billing date...
Thanks again Matt

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries at all, glad it's coming together. Fingers crossed the Essentials one sorts itself out as well.
philhguk
Dabbler

I have this problem with the referrals for Broadband products they show up as a £0.00 value which is plainly wrong, the referrals for the phone products show up fine. I have contacted customer services a number of times just to be told there is not problem when I know that there is could someone please help me to sort this out.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

No worries at all, glad it's coming together. Fingers crossed the Essentials one sorts itself out as well.

Crossing fingers didn't work I'm afraid Matt, the referral billing date has now passed and the Referral value for the Essentials BB still shows 0.0 and nothing has been credited. The phone component however has credited correctly.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: philhguk
I have this problem with the referrals for Broadband products they show up as a £0.00 value which is plainly wrong, the referrals for the phone products show up fine....

I've just raised a ticket as I've got a similar problem to you, but mine is with a very long-standing referral which has been fine up until yesterday (13 Sept 2013 - their billing date) when their switch from 'Plusnet Extra' to 'Plusnet Unlimited' took place.  Instead of the value of the referral in question changing from £0.50 to £0.75 in my referral discount summary, it now shows £0.00 and nothing has been added to my referral credit for this month.  The corresponding referral credit*** for that users phone service ('Talk Evenings & Weekends') is showing correctly (£0.50) and has been added to my running total for this month.
Definitely something amiss ...
*** I receive the referral credit for their phone service because they took that for their own reasons after having Plusnet Broadband for several years, not because I recommended it.