cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Fibre to Plusnet Fibre

Daedelus
Hooked

Sky Fibre to Plusnet Fibre

I'm currently on Sky Fibre 40/10 (LLU) and have just ordered Unlimited Fibre and Homephone.
I believe PlusNet will contact Sky and tell them I want to migrate - how is the notice period handled? i.e. Sky require 30 days notice of termination of the phone line and Fibre service. Will the installation/transfer of the new service automatically be scheduled after the 30 days notice period?
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Sky Fibre to Plusnet Fibre

Hi there Daedelus,
Welcome to Plusnet and to the community forum.
Sky would receive a notification regarding the transfer of services to us but we would still advise that you speak with them with regards to how that fits in with the notice period as that wouldn't have an affect on when the transfer goes though, we'd basically request that for the soonest possible date.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Be sure to tell them it's a migration to another supplier and NOT a cancellation.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Daedelus
Hooked

Sadly it seems that the move is not straightforward from my current Sky full LLU fibre/phone (originally a BT tel line/no) Sad
Despite having an installation date, Provisioning have advised me that they cannot take on the line at the current time and that I can wait with (many ?) others for Openreach to sort out the mechanism for such a transfer.
The timescales for the "sorting out" seem very vague & I'm not really confident that it will be resolved in the near future.
Very disappointed not to be able to get it sorted out & live.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

What a ridiculous (and disappointing) situation.
Hope you get it sorted sooner rather than later.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
NedLudd
Grafter

On the Sky User forum there is a case of fibre to fibre transfer. Sky put the user back on to ADSL which allowed the transfer, and retention of phone number, to happen faultlessly!
I suggest that you speak to Sky and ask them for the same!
Geoff,
York.
Daedelus
Hooked

Quote from: NedLudd
On the Sky User forum there is a case of fibre to fibre transfer. Sky put the user back on to ADSL which allowed the transfer, and retention of phone number, to happen faultlessly!
I suggest that you speak to Sky and ask them for the same!

If memory serves that particular situation of downgrading a fibre contract to ASDL was agreed as the user was a very early adopter before fibre contracts had been finalised.
I'd suspect from Sky's point of view they'd be reluctant to faff about downgrading a customer from fibre to ADSL just to enable them to walk away. Having said all that I'll give it a go.
The alternative would seem to be to to cease the Sky fibre / get a new line from PlusNet and accept the installation charge and change in telephone number.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Daedelus,
I've just noticed ticket 70869860, there has been an issue processing the order but this can happen so I'd not advise fearing the worst at all. One of our provisioning team will be digging into what's happened and replying with a clear course of action and a timescale for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team