cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Fibre + Phone Bundle Pricing Information Wanted

pkroberts
Dabbler

Simple Fibre + Phone Bundle Pricing Information Wanted

I feel embarrassed  about having to ask for such basic information here, but can anyone give me a monthly price for basic fibre broadband and anytime phone-calls? Can't seem to get it on the website without 'starting an order' and the award winning customer service team won't give it to me without all of my security details. It's almost like they don't want to be transparent about their charges ..... surely not?

11 REPLIES 11
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Simple Fibre + Phone Bundle Pricing Information Wanted

Can you see the second package on the list here?: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
pkroberts
Dabbler

Yes I can and as I said in my original question, it doesn't show the price for basic fibre and anytime calls without 'starting an order'.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you're unable to see the pricing.

Have you tried a different web browser and/or device?

In the meantime, here's a screenshot of the current new customer offer.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 19.17.14.png

Add £8 for the Unlimited UK + Mobile Calls plan.

I hope this helps you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pkroberts
Dabbler

I could see the web page you sent a screen shot of, but it doesn't show the plan pricing, it just says 'Choice of additional call plans from £4/month'. What plans and how much?

The information I wanted (which I thank you for providing) is that the 'Unlimited UK + Mobile Calls' plan is £8/month - but I can't see that information anywhere in the 'call Plan Details' on the link you sent (image attached).

So finally, is the upshot of this that the answer to my original question (total monthly price for line rental, basic fibre and anytime UK calls) is £33/month?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

It would seem so, but call Customer Options and they may be able to give you a better offer.

Near the bottom of the page listing the fibre packages click on "About our charges", then on the blue hyperlink saying "Price guide", then scroll down and click on "Plusnet call plans" and it's all there: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

If you're an existing customer @pkroberts it's best to call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632, selecting option 1 then option 2 and we will see what we can do for you. At the time of writing this, there's currently no wait time to get through to that department.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pkroberts
Dabbler

Speaking to or negotiating with a sales team is what I was trying to avoid - having arrived at a price of £33/month (see above) I then went through the online process only to be presented with a figure somewhat higher than this. I really don't appreciate this kind of marketing 'smoke and mirrors'. It's easy to see why ISPs are generally not trusted.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

@pkroberts What is the figure you were seeing? The monthly total for fibre and unlimited UK and mobile calls would be £33 a month but as part of the initial payment there is a £25 activation fee which would take the first months payment to £58. I do apologise for any confusion there has been.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
pkroberts
Dabbler

I'm seeing no activation fee; I'm seeing cost of fibre - £14.99 plus cost of Talk Anytime £6.50 (rising to £7), add this to the line rental saver price I am already paying (£185.88/year divided by 12 gives £15.49/month) so the new total would be £36.98/month.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The prices on the website will be introductory prices for new customers, as you are an existing customer @Gandalf's advice would apply.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I really don't appreciate this kind of marketing 'smoke and mirrors'. It's easy to see why ISPs are generally not trusted.

It's not just ISP's, almost all suppliers do it. As an existing customer you have to be prepared to haggle to get a similar deal to that being offered to new customers.  I'm afraid that's the norm these days. Sad

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.