cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim only & changing plans

Lux
Dabbler

Sim only & changing plans

I have a 12 month sim only contract which ends in a few months. I see Plusnet is no longer offering sim only deals & the site says if you are already on a sim only deal you don't need to do anything. There is no mention of changing your plan though which I was hoping to do when able. I have seen talk of everyone being transferred to EE instead. Please can someone explain what is going on? I find it bizarre that there has been no communication about this.
Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Sim only & changing plans

This is breaking news.

The only thing confirmed is that there is a stop sell on Plusnet mobile.  Existing users will be contacted shortly with details of alternative options.  In the meantime, the service continues as is.

See Changes to Plusnet Mobile Services | Plusnet Mobile

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bob1
Rising Star

Where does it say: "Existing users will be contacted shortly with details of alternative options" ?

What it says on your link is "If you’re a Plusnet Mobile customer, no need to worry, or call us, your service will continue as normal".

You can't seriously be suggesting that your post has "fixed your issue". This is only the start of users pooling knowledge about what is going to happen and when as official info is very sparse. We don't know how fast the move to EE will be and whether they are stupid enough to try and convert people like me on 30-day £6 SIMs to 12 month contracts at twice the price.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Do not get the point you are making.

IF fixed …

That’s the information which is available at the moment.  It is reasonable to anticipate that when there is a need to act, Plusnet will communicate.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bob1
Rising Star

You didn't answer my question about where you got the information you posted that "Existing users will be contacted shortly with details of alternative options". I pointed out that wasn't contained on the page you linked to, which says "your service will continue as normal", which might nothing may change for several months. I assumed you were offering information additional to the very limited company information shared so far.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

As a super user who has been around this space for many years, one is aware of how the business functions.  In the context of service changes such as this, it is more than reasonable to anticipate that there will be direct contact from the business to the user base.  Until that happens arrangements remain unchanged.

The place I linked to is where new information will be published when it’s made available.

Bob1
Rising Star

So:

1. You replied to the OP giving a link to a site the OP was actually quoting from.

2. You added additional information that "users will be contacted SHORTLY", implying you had some information from another source, perhaps contact with a plusnet agent, that might be useful to the OP and others.

3. You couldn't provide a link to your additional information, implying you had made an error and in fact had no additional information to offer and so had made no useful contribution at all in replying to the OP.

4. You couldn't admit you had made a mistake. You could only resort to "As a super user who has been around this space for many years, one is aware of how the business functions". If you do not realise how self-important and pompous this sounds, you are beyond hope.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Do not understand your antagonism towards someone trying to help you.  Not everything might be available to be pointed to.  But if it floats your just go by snide, be my guest!

Lux
Dabbler

I was aware of the information on that link but it doesn't explain anything. There has been no communication from Plusnet & I just happened to see that page after noticing the app update stated they were making changes which means you can't upgrade your plan at the moment, then I saw they are no longer on comparison sites.

It's not good enough that Plusnet will eventually tell us what is going on when they have already started the process of whatever it is.

Bob1
Rising Star

Thank you, Lux

I fully agree with you that "It's not good enough that Plusnet will eventually tell us what is going on when they have already started the process of whatever it is".

I had hoped that somebody might join this thread who had additional information, perhaps gleaned from contact with a Plusnet agent, that might help us find out a bit more. I feel sorry for the staff at Plusnet Mobile who have been providing good customer service at reasonable prices (unlike BT & EE).

The reason you can't update your 12m sim only contract might be that you still have a few months to run on it. I was able to update my 30d contract on 31 March. It was offering 30d deals only and for 5,15,30 & 50GB. Until this completes in a couple of weeks time, I can't tell whether that facility is still on offer now, and of course how long it lasts.

molerat
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Updated my 2 30 day contracts yesterday, one for 6th and the other 21st, saving £1.49 each at April price.  Do we still get the extra 2GB mates rates ?  If not I have lost 1GB each but as I never get near the limit not a real problem.  Will wait and see what happens.