cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up yesterday. Already incredibly unhappy.

picklepercy
Dabbler

Signed up yesterday. Already incredibly unhappy.

We are moving to our new house on the 24th. I signed up with Plusnet yesterday and chose the 29th and 30th of September as my chosen installation date. Today I receive an email saying that my appointment is now booked in for the 12th of October. Why do I need to wait 4 weeks for installation? I work from home and need the internet installed quickly.
Pretty shocked at this and already looking to cancel my account today if this isn't sorted.
Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Signed up yesterday. Already incredibly unhappy.

If that's for FTTC you may do better going for ADSL and then upgrading which might minimise the time you have no connection. You'd have to negotiate that (but if you have your own ADSL modem that would help keep the cost down).
The delay will be down to the availability of BT OpenReach engineers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi picklepercy, welcome to the forums!
Although I appreciate that you did select the 29th/30th as your preferred install dates, when this processed through on our suppliers systems, the earliest available date to match both the phone line and fibre install for was 12/10/15, so the orders were placed for the earliest available date both appointments could be completed on at the same time.
Unfortunately this would be the same for all providers who provide using the BT network as Openreach have to provide the same level of service to all providers.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
picklepercy
Dabbler

Well I actually spent 50 minutes on hold this afternoon to talk to one of the customer service guys. He said that this is obviously a mistake and said he would get someone else (can't remember which department he mentioned) to change it to one on my preferred date. I then received an email about 30 minutes later saying my order for home phone has now been cancelled.
What happens now? Do I need to do anything? Will I get another email at some point?
Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Cancel and go elsewhere...
When I joined Plusnet, they missed my installation date (nobody turned up), so it had to be rescheduled etc.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

It looks like the agent cancelled the order to try and get you a quicker install date.
The earliest we can get is the 2nd of October between 1pm and 6pm if that's okay?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
picklepercy
Dabbler

Yes that would be fine. Any idea why I was given the 12th of October in the first place?
Also, before I signed up, I spoke to someone via live chat and asked them how soon the router would get posted out. She said that it is usually sent out 5-7 working days before installation, which suits me fine as we don't move in until the 24th. Then yesterday I received an email saying it has been dispatched. So now I have to go through the hassle of making the seller of our house aware that I am expecting a parcel a week before we move in and that they need to keep hold of it. Thanks!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

That may have been down to agent error however as the orders are now cancelled I can't confirm.
With regards to the router it was ordered but not dispatched so I've cancelled that for now and I've set myself a reminder to order it on the 23rd.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team